The Student Room Group

is it worth sleeping now

i need to be up by 6am/7am to get my results from school by 9;30 at the latest and takes ages to get there. if i sleep now i'll just be more tired when i wake up, and all summer ive been waking up at 2pm from late nights, if i dont sleep now maybe ill be tired by 10pm tonight so i can have a productive day?
Sleep is for the weak.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by mustangmix
i need to be up by 6am/7am to get my results from school by 9;30 at the latest and takes ages to get there. if i sleep now i'll just be more tired when i wake up, and all summer ive been waking up at 2pm from late nights, if i dont sleep now maybe ill be tired by 10pm tonight so i can have a productive day?

Get some sleep now so you at least get a few hours. You won't be able to have a productive day tomorrow at all if you don't get at least a couple of hours rest. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Aj12
Get some sleep now so you at least get a few hours. You won't be able to have a productive day tomorrow at all if you don't get at least a couple of hours rest. :smile:

not true once i worked afternoon until 7am and was fine for the rest of the day. guess we're all different.
Reply 4
Original post by Aj12

Not always true; I've pulled all-nighters lots of times, and I'm usually fine for the whole day, as long as I stay hydrated :tongue:
Sleep after you get your results? I can't remember ever sleeping on a results day. The stress was always too much for me to handle. :redface: Sooo glad it's all over for me. :tongue:

It is worth sleeping just so you get a few hours, but if you think it's a bad idea then leave it. Unless you need some sleep for something important then go ahead and stay awake. Or think of the next few hours as a nap so instead of sleep you're having a nap... or something. I dunno. If I were you I would sleep, but that's because I can't function without sleep.
not true once i worked afternoon until 7am and was fine for the rest of the day. guess we're all different.

Will you be collecting results which determine whether you'll get into university or not tomorrow? If so, then definitely get some rest because if you're in clearing for example, you'll need to have a clear and level head for dealing with it and the best way for that to happen is for you to get some rest now. Even if you're collecting AS results, then I would still advise you to get some sleep because considering what you need to do after your results is still best with a clear head, and that's achieved by....sleep.
Reply 7
It's not worth it, I'm gonna get an energy drink before I get my results lool

Need to try this new drink "Singh is King" :rofl:
Original post by TheBBQ
It's not worth it, I'm gonna get an energy drink before I get my results lool

Need to try this new drink "Singh is King" :rofl:

I tried that drink mate, it's surprisingly good!
you can sleep after you get your results, you will be tired from all the crying anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by FAT_BAG_OF_AFGAN
I tried that drink mate, it's surprisingly good!

I saw the advert for it on youtube and I was like wow, i need to try this :rofl:
Reply 11

I don't know why the title of this thread made me laugh :lol:
I've been trying to sleep since 12am and its just not working. I don't want to wait till track updates since I'd rather just wake up and it be updated already.

Quick Reply

Latest