The Student Room Group

Help in clearing?!

So i'm in clearing, and wondering if for example i get a verbal offer from a uni and i accept it on UCAS but then i find that a course at another uni is available in clearing, can i still ring up that uni to ask if they would offer me a place despite having accepted a course at another uni through clearing?
Original post by theformula
So i'm in clearing, and wondering if for example i get a verbal offer from a uni and i accept it on UCAS but then i find that a course at another uni is available in clearing, can i still ring up that uni to ask if they would offer me a place despite having accepted a course at another uni through clearing?

You're not eligible to use Clearing if you hold an offer, so you'd have to ask your "first Clearing university" to release you back into Clearing (once you'd accepted formally on UCAS) before switching.
Reply 2

You're not eligible for Clearing whilst holding an offer, so you would have to be released back into Clearing.
Reply 3
Original post by Blackacre
You're not eligible to use Clearing if you hold an offer, so you'd have to ask your "first Clearing university" to release you back into Clearing (once you'd accepted formally on UCAS) before switching.

ok, but could i not just call the other uni to see if they would accept me first before asking the "first clearing university" to release me so i don't end up with no uni place to go to?

Regardless you couldn't have put it in UCAS yet so why not phone all other uni's beforehand. Also I am pretty sure verbal offers normally last a day or so.
ok, but could i not just call the other uni to see if they would accept me first before asking the "first clearing university" to release me so i don't end up with no uni place to go to?

In short, universities shouldn't be talking to you without a Clearing number, and technically you won't have one once you accept the offer from the "first Clearing university".

Your best bet is to talk to as many universities as you like now, before Track opens at 5pm for Clearing choices to be added, and then make your final decision as to which Clearing choice you add on Track. :yy:
Reply 6

Well they shouldn't really talk to applicants without a Clearing number, and they need this in order to view your application. Seeing as you haven't already entered a Clearing choice, you are better off talking to universities now before deciding on one.
Reply 7
Original post by Zottula
Well they shouldn't really talk to applicants without a Clearing number, and they need this in order to view your application. Seeing as you haven't already entered a Clearing choice, you are better off talking to universities now before deciding on one.

Ok but every uni i have called haven't even asked me for my clearing number, only my ucas number?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending