The Student Room Group

How do your AS results effect your overall grade?

So.
I got my results, not too great only an BDDU. Which is pretty far from the ABCU that I was expecting. I understand that I have the option to resit, and I'm also going to ask for a remark on one of my exams, but my question is - how much will my AS contribute to my overall A level grade?

Will it be possible to bring for instance, my D in politics up too an A or B next year? or would this necessitate resits?

Any help would be great, thanks.
Reply 1
As and A2 both weigh the same. A2 does not contribute more to the final grade and neither does As. and yes, i think it is possible to bring the grade D up to a B next year without resitting your As politics. But I guess it will take a lot of work.
Good luck! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Hackney
So.
I got my results, not too great only an BDDU. Which is pretty far from the ABCU that I was expecting. I understand that I have the option to resit, and I'm also going to ask for a remark on one of my exams, but my question is - how much will my AS contribute to my overall A level grade?

Will it be possible to bring for instance, my D in politics up too an A or B next year? or would this necessitate resits?

Any help would be great, thanks.

You are worth a lot more than the grades you got on a piece of paper.

Always Remember "Winners are too busy to be sad, to positive to be doubtful, to optimistic to be fearful, and too determined to be defeated."
I'm seeing a lot of threads like this on the forum lately, the short answer is Yes, you can change your grades completely without a resit.

However, AS makes up 50% of the whole thing, and because it's normally easier, resitting it would be a good choice if you want a higher grade overall. Getting good AS results is important, even if you resit the exam in Year 13, it's worth it.

BDDU is not a bad set of results, it's not brilliant, but you can get into certain universities if you got BDD again at A2. So you're in Higher Education territory.

If you want to do better, figure out what you did wrong at AS, did you start revision too late (or even too early)? Did you revise effectively? Was your exam technique off? Or was it just bad luck? Have a think, chat with your teacher, work out an action plan and kick ass.

With a bit of revision, self-motivation and commitment you can raise your D up to an A hassle-free.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Thanks everybody!

Quick Reply

Latest