The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Does Leicester give out a lot of unconditional offers

Basically I achieved ABBB in my AS levels and the 2 B's I am continuing are relatively high if I was to be predicted AAB/AAA would I be likely to get an unconditional offer.

This is for geography.
Reply 1
It will vary from case to case. I applied as a gap year student with my grades already achieved and they still didn't give me an unconditional hahha, they made me send proof first
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by ~Cat
It will vary from case to case. I applied as a gap year student with my grades already achieved and they still didn't give me an unconditional hahha, they made me send proof first

Ah OK. Thought I would ask though since my friend got an unconditional offer at Newcastle for computing with AAA predictions, no interview (I believe), yet only achieved like BBCE at AS:mad:.

And I really like Leicester:biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by kingdoo
Ah OK. Thought I would ask though since my friend got an unconditional offer at Newcastle for computing with AAA predictions, no interview (I believe), yet only achieved like BBCE at AS:mad:.

And I really like Leicester:biggrin:

I loved leicester too, can't wait to start!
Well, lm you never know, if your personal statement really impresses them, they might well do!
Reply 4
Well, I got an unconditional offer, and so did a friend of mine at my school, both from Leicester Uni (he hasn't accepted Leicester). I didn't know anyone else who applied to Leicester from my school though. I was predicted A*AAB though, then got ABCD. Luckily it was unconditional :P

I also did worse than you at AS, so I think there's a decent chance of getting an unconditional offer with those predictions. Most people seem to do better and improve after A2 from what I've seen.
Reply 5
Original post by cork279
Well, I got an unconditional offer, and so did a friend of mine at my school, both from Leicester Uni (he hasn't accepted Leicester). I didn't know anyone else who applied to Leicester from my school though. I was predicted A*AAB though, then got ABCD. Luckily it was unconditional :P

I also did worse than you at AS, so I think there's a decent chance of getting an unconditional offer with those predictions. Most people seem to do better and improve after A2 from what I've seen.

Thanks for the reply. I may even be predicted A*AB or something (never ever thought I could get a high A let alone A*) since if I retake one of my exams I got a A and a C which resulted in 2 ums off 85% which is all I need for an A* I think? The A was in the harder and more important exam so I should have a chance to improve on the C which was only worth 30% hence I still got a high A overall.

And I was 4 raw marks 2 in each unit for geography for an A and while I know I am applying for geography and not psychology this year the exam was so hard so a B was quite good I believe.

Anyway I am not one of those people who is like oh I might be able to get AAA or AAB so I should apply to a higher ranked uni. I looked at Leicester and liked it above Southampton and UEA so if I get an unconditional offer ti will definitely be my firm.:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending