The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth University Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Hi everybody! I also try to choose to best accommodation for me and it's more difficult than I expected... :s-smilie: Probably I will choose Unilet (money matters...) but I have a question. The BU website says that the price varies between £92 and £112. Will we be allowed to choose the room with an exact price? Because if I'm asked to pay £112 for Unilet, it's better to pay a few pounds more and choose, for example, Student Village. ;p
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 581
anyone know how quick the accommodation goes? do I need to be there on the dot to not be in the house that's a trek away?
Reply 582
Original post by gondalaver
Hi everybody! I also try to choose to best accommodation for me and it's more difficult than I expected... :s-smilie: Probably I will choose Unilet (money matters...) but I have a question. The BU website says that the price varies between £92 and £112. Will we be allowed to choose the room with an exact price? Because if I'm asked to pay £112 for Unilet, it's better to pay a few pounds more and choose, for example, Student Village. ;p

I don't understand the price because they show one example of a room in each building on the website but a range of prices. So I don't know what each price will get me.
Original post by gondalaver

For the uni-let i think the price difference is between the en-suite (which would be more expensive) and the non-ensuite (obviously cheaper)

Original post by Ceebz
I don't understand the price because they show one example of a room in each building on the website but a range of prices. So I don't know what each price will get me.

For halls the price difference is between studios, standard, large studio and value.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 584

For halls the price difference is between studios, standard, large studio and value.

But what's the difference between standard and value?
Original post by skelliwog
i don't understand? so do we put in our choices on the 26th, or do we have to wait until results day (if we don't have an unconditional) before we can choose where we want to stay??

I was just as confused so emailed... There are two stages... Stage one is registering on the portal and you add information about yourself. Then stage two is actually choosing your accommodation/room and paying the deposit. You can only complete stage two once you have met your offer (unconditional status) :smile: hope that makes more sense :smile: x
Original post by Gmturner24
I was just as confused so emailed... There are two stages... Stage one is registering on the portal and you add information about yourself. Then stage two is actually choosing your accommodation/room and paying the deposit. You can only complete stage two once you have met your offer (unconditional status) :smile: hope that makes more sense :smile: x

Hi everyone,

There have already been some really helpful answers on this thread about registering for accommodation, but if you need any more info then either drop an email to [email protected] or head over to our Bournemouth Uni Undergrads 2015 Facebook page to keep up with news and join in web chats.

We've also got some posts coming up about accommodation on our Student Blog, so that might be really helpful for some of you.

Hope that helps a bit and great to hear you're all excited about where you'll be living!

Katie
Hi my name is vinod, Am from India. I have got an unconditional offer for MSc Marketing Management. I would like to know the standard of the course and the quality of the teaching staff. If any of the alumni for the above course can get in touch with me it would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance
Original post by Ceebz

Hi Ceebz

You can always call up or email askBU. They should pass you through to accommodation who can answer your question.

Email: [email protected] Phone:01202 961916

Hope that helps, if there is anything else I can help with feel free to ask :smile:

Amy
Original post by Ceebz

Hey Ceebz.

Talk to askBU or student accommodation (askBU will pass you through). They should be able to explain how the pricing goes.

Email: [email protected] Phone:01202 961916

Hope this helps

Amy
Original post by dominika98
Hey there, Im thinking of going to Bournemouth uni to do the Tourism Management course. Apparently its one of the best unis to do this course. I was wondering if travelling from Southampton it would be better to get a car and travel there everyday or move into a campus at the uni. I am also eligible for the maintenance loan which would help me to pay the rent, just wondering which would would be more suitable for me.

Hey dominika

My name is Amy and I am a second year student at BU.

Concerning housing: It is honestly down to what you prefer.

Commuting might be cheaper if you are living with your parents, but it could mean you spend a lot of time going back and forth between Bournemouth and Southampton.

On the other hand living in Bournemouth in student accommodation does cut down on traveling times and costs, however it might be a bit more expensive for living.

If you do live in Southampton you might feel a little out of it as you wont be going through the same sorts of things everyone else is. That is the one major complaint I hear from my friends who live in Bournemouth in their own houses.

However living at home has the benefits of no troubles with food, less troubles with money and you know, the comforts at home.

It is just down to you, and what feels more comfortable.

Best of luck at BU wherever you live!

Amy
Original post by Ceebz

Not sure on that one...may call and ask tomorrow
Just had a viewing at Dorchester house today, definitely making it my first choice!
Original post by Ceebz

I asked BU about the difference between value and standard at Cranborne and the response was 'The value rooms are slightly smaller and have a smaller bed.' :smile: think I've read somewhere that some value rooms are odd shapes... Not sure how true that is! :smile:
Original post by Gmturner24
I asked BU about the difference between value and standard at Cranborne and the response was 'The value rooms are slightly smaller and have a smaller bed.' :smile: think I've read somewhere that some value rooms are odd shapes... Not sure how true that is! :smile:

Hi,
I spoke to someone that I know from the University, the value rooms can have slightly angled walls as well, so this can be slightly annoying i'd presume as it'd be smaller in size for storage etc
Original post by lipslikemorphine
For the uni-let i think the price difference is between the en-suite (which would be more expensive) and the non-ensuite (obviously cheaper)

Yeah, I suppose that there are a few factors that make a price smaller of bigger. I just wonder that if we decide to take Unilet, are we able to choose an exact kind of room or is it chosen by them? Well, maybe I will contact them when the portal opens.
But it's good to know that there will be two stages of applying, though. :wink:
Does anyone know when the accommodation portal opens on Tuesday?
Odd we haven't got any new info since that first one :frown:
Reply 597
Still haven't got my log in details or anything. Everything I know is from these forums
They're slacking for real. I don't even know what time the portal opens tomorrow ! -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still waiting for the login details. Hopefully they'll email us tomorrow morning with it, if not today.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending