The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth University Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Has everyone received an email from Bournemouth about stage two of booking accommodation because I still haven't and don't know if I need to be worried or if not everyone has got that email either
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Original post by LRM95
Has everyone received an email from Bournemouth about stage two of booking accommodation because I still haven't and don't know if I need to be worried or if not everyone has got that email either

You will only be emailed when you're eligible which is when your offer is unconditional. So if you have a conditional offer, you won't be able to apply until your results day I think.
Original post by Dettol123
I would contact Bournemouth University for a more direct answer and they may be able to assist you with the deposit. I'm sure they've come across this before and will have a solution to your question.

Phone: 01202 961916
Email: [email protected]

Thanks for sharing those details Dettol123! You're absolutely right, if anyone has any questions then just get in touch with askBU. They have all the information you could possible need!
Original post by Bournemouth University
Thanks for sharing those details Dettol123! You're absolutely right, if anyone has any questions then just get in touch with askBU. They have all the information you could possible need!

I emailed BU and they said that I need to pay a deposit and I should borrow money from a friend.
Original post by TheIndecent
I emailed BU and they said that I need to pay a deposit and I should borrow money from a friend.

I rang them yesterday and they told me the same thing! Like really? As if I hadn't thought of that. /:

-___-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheIndecent

Original post by Tracy_Baby
I rang them yesterday and they told me the same thing! Like really? As if I hadn't thought of that. /:

I would have thought BU would have been able to come to some sort of arrangement to help students who are not able to pay. Tbh it's quite a lot of money to secure your room, £330 for your room to be secured and if you have chosen Lyme Regis or Chesil House, you would have to pay another £300! BU certainly lack in the accommodation aspect compared to other Universities!
I would have thought BU would have been able to come to some sort of arrangement to help students who are not able to pay. Tbh it's quite a lot of money to secure your room, £330 for your room to be secured and if you have chosen Lyme Regis or Chesil House, you would have to pay another £300! BU certainly lack in the accommodation aspect compared to other Universities!

Tell me about it!! I'm applying for cranborne so it's £330 altogether but like even so, it's still quite a lot of money to pay at once. Even if I'm getting it back at the end of the year. It's so annoying how it's the day before most people get paid so I can't even use that money as that's what I'd have wanted to do!! BU really didn't think this through. Not everyone can "ask a friend etc." for the money.

So if you pick Lyme or chesil, you've gotta pay £600?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tracy_Baby
Tell me about it!! I'm applying for cranborne so it's £330 altogether but like even so, it's still quite a lot of money to pay at once. Even if I'm getting it back at the end of the year. It's so annoying how it's the day before most people get paid so I can't even use that money as that's what I'd have wanted to do!! BU really didn't think this through. Not everyone can "ask a friend etc." for the money.

So if you pick Lyme or chesil, you've gotta pay £600?!

Yeah BU are not so understanding about student's financial situation! Luckily I've got money saved up from working. Yeah you've got to pay £630 for Lyme Regis or Chesil.

Quote from BU
"To secure your room a deposit of £250 a booking fee of £80 will need to be paid. (Please note Chesil House and Lyme Regis House also require a £300 rental pre-payment). Please ensure you have these funds in place."
Oh wow and they only tell you this like 3 days before. How unorganised -_- they should really sort it out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wanted to apply for Chesil but it looks like thats out of the window. I wouldn't mind this whole accomodation situation if it was just how all unis were but it seems as though BU is the only one to do accommodation on the same day as exam results day so it is like double the pressure. This has really put a dampener on the whole BU experience for me:frown:
Is anyone else trying to apply for accommodation now?
Original post by Password911
Is anyone else trying to apply for accommodation now?

Yep. I have no idea what I'm doing but nothing seems to have changed on the portal :tongue:.
Yeah same i rang them they said log out and wait a couple mins then log back in as its just like a general thing right now the website needs to refresh
This is annoying now -_-
Booked a room at Dorchester, now i'm happy
I'm at dorchester, floor one though :redface:
they really don't release a lot of options for us do they?!
I got my chosen place Cranborne but just barelyyyy .. It was slightly confusing :frown: felt pressured at each stage lol
Original post by lipslikemorphine
I'm at dorchester, floor one though :redface:
they really don't release a lot of options for us do they?!

Ooh close, I'm in flat 002.
Omg can you lot tell me what you had to do pls?! I apply for my accommodation tomorrow!!! I'm so excited and nervous!

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do you know when to apply for accommodation? I have only received one email from BU about stage 1 but no other actual information has been given to me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending