The Student Room Group

Birmingham Medicine applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by hpcp
thank you :smile:
is there a time period for example 18- 23rd nov for booking the interviews?
with the MMI, is their information for each station outside each one?

Yes there is a time period for booking your interview. You can book your interview within that particular week you're given but you have to book quite quickly as the more desirable slots get taken. I think the slot times were 9am onwards.

A couple of stations were held in the same room but the rest were in different rooms. There is an A4 sheet with information for each station outside the room and I think you have a couple of minutes to read this before you're called in.
Reply 41
I'm a starting my gap year and I'm having trouble whether to choose Birmingham or not.
My stats are:
A2s- A*AAA in Biology, Maths, Chemistry, Economics (A* in biology)
675 UKCAT
6.5A*4A1B in GCSE (A* in maths chem, bio, physics, english lang and lit and business studies short course).
Am i good enough for Birmingham?
How long does Birm take to give out interview offers? Its been a month since I sent my application and I have only received an acknowledgement email :frown:
Original post by CVK Abhiroop
How long does Birm take to give out interview offers? Its been a month since I sent my application and I have only received an acknowledgement email :frown:

We're not even past the 15th Oct deadline yet, and you probably won't hear anything till mid November. Relax
Original post by h3isenberg
We're not even past the 15th Oct deadline yet, and you probably won't hear anything till mid November. Relax

Ahh ok :frown: Thank you

haha sorry alot of my friends are already getting offers for non-med courses and im just stagnating in life :eek:
Original post by CVK Abhiroop
Ahh ok :frown: Thank you

haha sorry alot of my friends are already getting offers for non-med courses and im just stagnating in life :eek:

Lol yeah I know what you mean

It'll be worth it in the end though :wink:
Original post by h3isenberg
Lol yeah I know what you mean

It'll be worth it in the end though :wink:

Haha yeh make hope good things really come to those who wait :P
I think it was 22/10 last year
Hi everyone!
I've applied to study Medicine at Birmingham for 2015 entry. My stats are as follows:

GCSEs: 10 A*s
AS levels: 4As (bio, Chem, physics and maths)
A level predictions: 4A*s

How are you guys feeling about the admissions process? I think this has been mentioned previously, but when are we told if we've received an interview or not? Someone posted saying that they've been rejected already, which is surprising because I didn't think that they'd even touch the applications until the 15th October deadline!

Nervous!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ryanb97
I think it was 22/10 last year

Are you sure it was in October?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrStealYourGirl
Are you sure it was in October?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My friend, who got an offer from Birmingham for med, told me that this was the day they told him that he got the interview.
Original post by TazzyBoo
My friend, who got an offer from Birmingham for med, told me that this was the day they told him that he got the interview.

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
Original post by BrokenS0ulz
Has anyone else got an email about being referred to the admissions tutor for further consideration?

Yeah I got this and I'm applying for GEM... Don't know if it's just a generic email or something? Let me know if you find out what it means!
Original post by MrStealYourGirl

Welcome! Where else are you applying?
Reply 54
Original post by BrokenS0ulz
Sorry to hear that. What are your stats?

It's a bit of a bummer but I'm not too bothered about it. In worst case scenario I'll just take a gap year and reapply!

I've got a 41 prediction in IB (776 at HL), but the problem was with my MYP subjects (supposedly GCSE equivalent but it doesn't really work like that). I did the maths and sciences programs that aren't recognized. It would have been nice if they'd mentioned that somewhere- if I'd known I wouldn't have applied!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Just post here in case anyone else meets the same problem.

My daughter is a home applicant not an international one. But Birmingham uni emailed her today for filling a form which I understand is for international applicants.

I cannot understand why such mistake can happen. The reason is very simple .although my daughter doesn't hold a uk passport, she doesn't need any visa to stay in the UK. She is an ordinary uk resident.
Anyway, we have to contact the admission office for clarification.
Good luck to everyone!
Reply 56
Yeah, I had the same problem recently and was sent a form which they will be used to asses whether I am an 'overseas' applicant for fee paying purposes. It's very silly of them to make this assumption that if one does not hold a U.K. Passport they are an overseas applicant, considering that no other university I applied to has. But as long as you can provide them with correct documents on the form, I think thee should be no problem in the end.
Reply 57
People who got that 2nd email which said they are basically processing your application, when did you send your application?
Do you think people that send it early are usually first to hear back?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hpcp
People who got that 2nd email which said they are basically processing your application, when did you send your application?
Do you think people that send it early are usually first to hear back?

Posted from TSR Mobile

7/10
Reply 59
Original post by ryanb97
7/10

When did you get the email saying they are processing it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending