The Student Room Group

Camp 2015 - BUNAC, CCUSA or AmeriCamp?

Hello I am looking into doing something camp related next summer but do not know which camp is best! I've been doing my research and I've ruled out camp america, camp leaders and wild packs from the equations but I am still torn on which camp to choose to apply for from the above 3 options. All 3 look quite good, and especially CCUSA and Americamp seem very similar in their payment and the rewards. I want to know if anyone has experience of any and which you would recommend from the 3 choices? I really want to make the right decision! I am also deciding which type of camp to work in too, I am considering working on a special needs camps but I'm not sure if that might be very intense 24 hours a day for 3 months, does anyone have any experience of special needs camps they could share?
I'm currently applying for Americamp 2015, so can only vouch for my experiences so far - however, they have been *excellent*.

Any question I've had they've answered within the hour - if not sooner - they've got my application processed super quick, and they're a very friendly bunch (and they give you free biscuits too...).

I liked the idea of having the freedom of being able to book my own flights, so can go as direct or indirect out to the States and home again as I wanted - and plus it seems that you get paid the most with Americamp than the other companies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Charlotte945
Hello I am looking into doing something camp related next summer but do not know which camp is best! I've been doing my research and I've ruled out camp america, camp leaders and wild packs from the equations but I am still torn on which camp to choose to apply for from the above 3 options. All 3 look quite good, and especially CCUSA and Americamp seem very similar in their payment and the rewards. I want to know if anyone has experience of any and which you would recommend from the 3 choices? I really want to make the right decision! I am also deciding which type of camp to work in too, I am considering working on a special needs camps but I'm not sure if that might be very intense 24 hours a day for 3 months, does anyone have any experience of special needs camps they could share?

Hi Charlotte!

It's great that you want to work at camp this upcoming summer! We were just curious to why you've ruled us out?

Ultimately, it's completely your choice of who you go with, but Camp America are the most established, and we are official J1 Visa sponsors, which means your visa to work in the US won't be in jeopardy once you've got it.

If you have any questions we're more than happy to answer them!

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest