The Student Room Group

Help with choices?

I know there's probably millions of these posts, but I'm really confused as to what to do.

I got 13A*s and 1A at GCSE which I completely didn't expect at all. Before the results I'd been thinking about possibly focusing on medicine, although after results day I really began to believe that I could actually do it, something I didn't think before.

Initially I chose to do Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Sociology, with an outside course in Spanish A Level. However, after the first three weeks of AS Level, I feel as though Physics isn't for me at all.
I'm aiming for all As at AS level; however, I know that if I continue Physics I will not get an A (if I'm honest I'd be looking more at a low B/ C). Maths is also a big no-no.

Last year I sat my RE AS level a year early, in which I achieved an A, so I thought about continuing that onto A2 because I think I could hopefully get an A* in the A2. Therefore, my A Levels would be Biology, Chemistry, Sociology and RE, with an outside course of AS Spanish.

This isn't one of those 'look at me' bragging forums, honestly. I am just genuinely so confused as to what path to follow, and I think getting advice from people who may have already been through this would be the best way forward. I've done lots of research into the specific universities I want to apply to and they all ask for two science A Levels, although I would hate to be rejected just for not having Physics or Maths, when I've worked so hard to get to where I am now. I consider my current options to show versatility and that the skills learned through sociology may be more useful in the world of medicine than maths or physics, although I am not sure whether the universities would agree. I would rather aim to get all A*s and As at A Level, than get a final B or a C in a subject I feel I've 'had to taken'.

Thank you very much, sorry for going on
Reply 1
Reply 2
Original post by emem2011
x

You might like to take a look at Medical School A Level Requirements. It is from Aug 13 but still close enough.

The main ones you need are Biology and Chemistry. So dropping physics would be ok. You could then put more time into maths and improve that. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest