The Student Room Group
well i did my EE in history was really great really enjoyed it. all of those are good, go to any decent library and they'l be infinite resources on all of those. i expect the IBO sees more in russian and german history than italian, so you might be able to get a more original quesiton out of it. but i dont know i mean wats ur concerns relating to each?

russia is cool revolutions and killing people imo lol

and look in any textbook at any quesiton they ask you can manipulate that into watever you want at the end of the day. just do what you have an interest in, then you'l be more enthusiastic :biggrin:
Reply 2
@andy_cole2: You dont necessarily need to do something you enjoy. If you know you can get a good grade in the essay and the topic area is easy, you can still have a solid EE. I did my ITGS essay on data security - I'm not particularly interested in the subject but i knew i could get a load of points on it and it will forever be an issue with lots of problems.

Therefore in essence I'm trying to say that if you can find a really focused question in History that you know **** loads about, just try working on that. By all means if you are interested in the area, thats a bonus, but first and foremost you need a solid topic that you know you can make a good answer to.

To help you decide what to do your essay on, maybe do a list of things that each country has participated in - conflicts, revolutions etc. Then make that list smaller by picking your top 3 topics. Then either decide on your own which youd like to do or alternatively seek advice from your EE supervisor (or history teacher) as to which they might recommend.

Hope that helps in some way seeing as this comes from a non-history student :p:
are you looking for help for the EE or historical investigation? how to make choices in these two can be different, considering one is twice the word count of the other. anyway, I didn't do a history EE. my HInv was on the betrayal of Anne Frank in Hitler's regime. A guy in my class though looked at the Cuban interpretation of the Cuban Missiles crisis for his HInv and the battle of Dien Bien Phu (Franco-Vietnam war) for his EE. Not relevant to the countries you're looking at but there you go.

The key is what resources you have available. the guy in my class who did Dien Bien Phu did it because he lived in Vietnam and had all the resources. He became sick of the war at the end of his EE. Also what are you interested in? It's better if you're interested in it because then you're more motivated to do the work.
Reply 4
I fyou're looking for advice on the Historical Investigation, the key is to chose a topic that has plenty of ways of interpretting it. This is particularly the case in the sources section of it, where ideally you'll have two sources that are radically different in their interpretation of the event.
You can then step in and reason that both have bits of truth in, but essentially neither are precise/accurate sources for these reasons.
However I wouldn't say that detailed knowledge is necessary, just a reasonable understanding. This is becuase that only about a third of the 1'500 word essay will actually be on analysing the topic, the rest is just jumping through hoops.

The historical investigation is not too hard at all, provided that you follow the mark scheme and use the themes of the sample essays.
Agree with Darkowl. There's such a structure to the Investigation. You just get through the format and do a bit of analysis (some knowledge of the situation) and you should be all right. It's only 2000 words. I had such a hard time not going over.

Latest

Trending

Trending