The Student Room Group

How do I strengthen my wrists?

Hi guys,

I have weak wrists and I am getting a lot of pain. I've been doing exercises such as dumbbell curls, bench press, overhead press and pulls. My body has been getting stronger but my wrists are weak and have pain.
Need some advice on exercises that can strengthen my forearms and wrists.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
by saying 'no girls allowed' is not going to prevent us you know, lol....
Reply 2
If your wrists are in pain maybe the problem is you're holding the bar wrong and putting unnecessary pressure on your wrist.

For bench make sure your wrist is straight and not bent. For overhead press you've got to have the bar in the heel of your palm. This guy has a good explanation at about 1:17.

Edit: As for your physique, you look skinny fat. If you want to lift to look good you should cut first and lean bulk(gain around 2lbs a month) to keep fat gains down. That's just my advice, do whatever you want.
(edited 9 years ago)
Chop your hands off.
Reply 4
Original post by puma21
If your wrists are in pain maybe the problem is you're holding the bar wrong and putting unnecessary pressure on your wrist.

For bench make sure your wrist is straight and not bent. For overhead press you've got to have the bar in the heel of your palm. This guy has a good explanation at about 1:17.

why is he shirtless?

In fact why is the OP shirtless?

This is why I get anxiety when I go to the gym. There's really no need to expose your chest.
Original post by Naveed-7

https://imageshack.com/user/Naveed-7 (No girls allowed, just guys)

No homo.
Reply 6
Deadlifts, bent over row, shrugs, etc., work the forearms as part of your body's overall progression. If these aren't in your routine you might consider adding one or more, depending on your routine at present. If you want to specifically target forearms though, farmers walk is a good exercise for this.
Reply 7
Original post by Armin.
why is he shirtless?

In fact why is the OP shirtless?

This is why I get anxiety when I go to the gym. There's really no need to expose your chest.

He's in his own home, he can be shirtless if he wants. The OP is shirtless because he wants his physique critiqued.
Reply 8
Original post by puma21
He's in his own home, he can be shirtless if he wants. The OP is shirtless because he wants his physique critiqued.

yeah but he's making a video so he's going to be sharing it with a wider audience in fact now I think of it this is potentially worse since more people will see him showing off. He's doing a video about the wrists why not wear a vest shirt?

As for the OP his physique is weak I'd hide that.
Reply 9
Original post by Armin.
yeah but he's making a video so he's going to be sharing it with a wider audience in fact now I think of it this is potentially worse since more people will see him showing off. He's doing a video about the wrists why not wear a vest shirt?

As for the OP his physique is weak I'd hide that.

It's not that deep.
Reply 10
Original post by puma21
It's not that deep.

Actually he probably put thought into what he was going to wear or in his case not wear since he wants more subs and if he can show off his physique maybe he'll get people "mirin" him and subbing.

Okay mystery solved.
Reply 11
Masturbate on a regular basis.
OP if you're getting wrist pain then it's likely because of your form.
Original post by e aí rapaz
OP if you're getting wrist pain then it's likely because of your form.

I don't think its happening because of bad form. I think its because Im a type 1 diabetic and I lose strength quite quickly. Ive been getting weak wrists and legs before I started working out.

Just saying..

Btw guys, do you think I look strong/fit in my pics? Ive been working out really hard for the past few months. I bench press 35 kg quite easily.
(thanks for the opinions/advice given already)
It's because Justin Lascek lives in Texas and it was probably 40 degrees outside.
Naveed, you're small and weak. No shame in that, and no mystery in how to fix it. Take that bench press from 35kg to 135kg.
Guys, should I wear weight gloves? I've been doing the farmers walk exercise to strengthen my wrists with 10 kg dumbbells and I've been getting blisters on my hands.

@SEHughes I dont know if I'll be able to bench 135kg but I'll try my best. Im benching 40kg right now. Still increasing.
Original post by Naveed-7
Guys, should I wear weight gloves? I've been doing the farmers walk exercise to strengthen my wrists with 10 kg dumbbells and I've been getting blisters on my hands.

Only if you're going to get yourself a pretty little dress to match.
My partner got one of these to increase the strength and flexibility of their hands and wrists for playing guitar

http://www.coolbuy.in/online_mall_india/product_details.php?product=30015524&buy=HAND-GRIPPER-GRIPPERS-Wrist-Arm-Strength-Exercise-Fitness-Grip-Hand-Grippers
Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo
Only if you're going to get yourself a pretty little dress to match.

Why do you have to be such a rude idiot? Learn some manners.

Quick Reply

Latest