The Student Room Group

I dropped my phone in the bath!

Whilst running a bath and texting, I dropped my phone in the bath. Its a samsung D500 and it was ok and then suddenly it all faded away (the lights n screen etc). I have put the charger in, nothing much happens apart from a light comes on, I've taken the battery out n dried it, I've used the hair dryer for about a minute. Any advice would be greatly appreciated becasue none of these have worked.

If it's completely screwed can I get a new one?
ta
i would say continue hairdrying it if your LUCKY then maybe it will work again if not then im afraid you'll just have to get a new phone the simcar should still work in other phones but thephone itself will be buggered beyond repair
leave it to dry for about a week. it might work unless if it was still working when you took it out, the water could have fried the components on the board and will have a new use :frown: a paperweight
Reply 3
Best thing to do when you drop your phone in water is to turn it off (if it isnt off already) and remove the battery, then just let it dry naturally.
Reply 4
The water isnt what kills it, its the salt and other lovely chemicals you find in the water which do the damage.

Take it apart, and give the circuitry and mambrane switches a wash (ie spray, not bathe) with some distilled water to remove the impurities. Then let it dry naturally and try again.
Reply 5
for anyone who actually cares, it just randomly started working this morning.....it's absolutley fine. The water must have just evaporated naturally! But thanks for la advice x
well done! long live the phone! :biggrin:
Reply 7
I dropped mine in the toilet last night! I dont want it to work again! Wont keep my new one in my back pocket anymore!
When I dropped my phone, in a glass of water - what are the chances of knocking the phone off the bed straight into the glass :rolleyes: - I dried it straightaway and it worked.
:lolz:
Reply 10
I dropped mine in my dogs water bowl once, worked fine afterwards and was a little bit cleaner :p: Don't drink and hold phones ok ? :wink:
or use a phone near a bath/shower! :wink:
Reply 12
Lol, it probably did look pretty weird, me texting in the bath, and then fishing about for it, in the water, and quickly jumping out naked to rectify its aquatic condition!

Ah well, you live n learn :smile:
:wink: (now a v dirty image formed in my mind) :biggrin:

Only jking! :lolz:
Reply 14
spysect
:wink: (now a v dirty image formed in my mind) :biggrin:

Only jking! :lolz:

:O! A dirty pervert on TSR! No, it cannot be true!
Still, I could be a fat loser who has cyber sex in the bath with 40year old men, because I can't get the real thing.
But don't worry I'm not.
I promise :biggrin:
x
Are you sure? :biggrin:
Reply 16
I am DEFINATELY sure!
So you can carry on thinking of dirty images now :P
:biggrin: :lolz:

Latest

Trending

Trending