The Student Room Group

Are there many people that are near absolutely non anxious with people?

Basically, I used to be quite nervous when approaching women and people in general. In everyday life and in the nightclubs.

Nowadays, for example, I can go into a nightclub totally sober and dance then go in for a kiss with pretty much any girl. Whether she reciprocates is another matter, but I have absolutely no anxiety most of the time. It's got to the point where I just don't give a **** about what people think and just do whatever I want (within reason). If people thought I was a loser etc, I honestly would not give a ****. In fact, in my previous job they did. I see people with insecurities and it's so painstakingly obvious how insecure they are. I don't need that negativity in my life.

This post may seem a bit dickish, but yeah, it's a difficult type of mindset/emotion to describe. It's like a type of numbness.
Reply 1
No....it's a scale (what isn't regarding human behaviour?)

Even confident people can be anxious in some sense....depends on the context.
Reply 2
I really really wish I could be like you.
Reply 3
Original post by armistiz
No....it's a scale (what isn't regarding human behaviour?)

Even confident people can be anxious in some sense....depends on the context.

Oh, I do think my lack of anxiety is more to do with people who are not close to me.

With close family and friends, I would care a lot more about what they think.
I don't have anxiety with social stuff so yh I know how you feel

Feels good, especially when she ccomes to you first
Reply 5
Original post by Tom_Ford
Oh, I do think my lack of anxiety is more to do with people who are not close to me.

With close family and friends, I would care a lot more about what they think.

That's understandable, and normal.
I used to get anxious around people but now I really don't. I started to socialize more and I gradually gained confidence to the point where I can comfortably speak to complete strangers. They're just people; no better than me and no worse either.
Not yet but it's getting better, it they seem friendly, jokey & have a softer tone of voice then I usually feel more comfortable around them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending