The Student Room Group

feels like people can see through me

I am not one of those people who get uncomfortable at everything, but this is one of the main things that do make me seriously uncomfy.

I'm not sure how to describe it so I'll provide examples:

-Once my cousin kept staring at me and he then said something along the lines of "I'm staring at you because I know it's making you uncomfortable and that's funny"
This made me a bit uneasy, despite the fact that me and this cousin are very close.

-The other day we had a non uniform day at school and the girl who sits next to me in maths is always saying that I have a crush on a male friend of mine in the same class ( I really really don't, she just completely made this up but its a bit long to explain) and she then proceeded to say I was showing my shoulders, wearing cargos and converse just for him to see. This annoyed me and once again caused me serious discomfort.

-Once a couple people on my table in science were talking about the rice purity test and their scores, and they asked me mine and I just said I hadn't done it, and this boy who I have talked to a lot before in class smiled and said he knows I have, which I in fact have so this unsettled me. This same boy also asked If i got a certain score in a science test whilst smiling and I lied and said no, when I had in fact got this exact score.

-also when people stare at me whilst I am laughing makes me so uncomfortable because once again it feels like they can see through me.

I have more examples of this but you get the point. It just genuinely feels like people can see right through me.

I just absolutely hate it when I feel like people can look at me and just see my thoughts or look at my actions and tell how I am feeling/ why I am doing certain things, and I know for a fact some people do- my mum, my sister, and a certain boy in my class.

Does anyone know what I am talking about/ can anyone relate?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
I am not one of those people who get uncomfortable at everything, but this is one of the main things that do make me seriously uncomfy.
I'm not sure how to describe it so I'll provide examples:
-Once my cousin kept staring at me and he then said something along the lines of "I'm staring at you because I know it's making you uncomfortable and that's funny"
This made me a bit uneasy, despite the fact that me and this cousin are very close.
-The other day we had a non uniform day at school and the girl who sits next to me in maths is always saying that I have a crush on a male friend of mine in the same class ( I really really don't, she just completely made this up but its a bit long to explain) and she then proceeded to say I was showing my shoulders, wearing cargos and converse just for him to see. This annoyed me and once again caused me serious discomfort.
-Once a couple people on my table in science were talking about the rice purity test and their scores, and they asked me mine and I just said I hadn't done it, and this boy who I have talked to a lot before in class smiled and said he knows I have, which I in fact have so this unsettled me. This same boy also asked If i got a certain score in a science test whilst smiling and I lied and said no, when I had in fact got this exact score.
-also when people stare at me whilst I am laughing makes me so uncomfortable because once again it feels like they can see through me.
I have more examples of this but you get the point. It just genuinely feels like people can see right through me.
I just absolutely hate it when I feel like people can look at me and just see my thoughts or look at my actions and tell how I am feeling/ why I am doing certain things, and I know for a fact some people do- my mum, my sister, and a certain boy in my class.
Does anyone know what I am talking about/ can anyone relate?

Personally, I can't. Since my situation would be the polar opposite. Where no one could tell how I feel, think, or the state that I'm personally unaware of. Since there's multiple times when I find it difficult to reach out or ask for different things despite it not really being that difficult. I could be considered a social butterfly, but there isn't one who could seriously guess my next move or know my intentions. Which is why I get put into difficult situations. Though I do envy how the people around gets the gist of who you are. Sometimes I even question who I am at times. Anyways what I think you're afraid of or anxious about is when people "get" who you are and it's like they know your deepest secrets type of feeling, and this is just my assumption so take it as how it would connect to you I guess.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending