The Student Room Group

terrible depressing friends

I hang out with 3 people at school all three of whom are absolutely insufferable to be around and drain every ounce of my energy. Not to be dramatic.

One of them is so incredibly anti social to the point I will ask her a question and half the damn time she wont even answer or just stares at me. She is also that type of person who finds absolutely everything embarrassing and is just an absolute pain to be around. Most of the time we just stand there silently whilst everyone else is having fun with their friends and I look at them longingly.

I too am very introverted and anxious but I still somehow make the most effort out of all of them.

They are so insufferable as all they ever want to ever talk about is other people, our futures (which is fine to talk about but not every bloody day, it is tiring) or they are rambling about some uninteresting thing that the rest of us have to pretend to be interested in. Not even in a mean way as well, it is just so soul crushing to be around these people.

Call me what you want but it really is just horrible. any advice? I don't know how much longer I can put up with them.
Original post by Anonymous
I hang out with 3 people at school all three of whom are absolutely insufferable to be around and drain every ounce of my energy. Not to be dramatic.

One of them is so incredibly anti social to the point I will ask her a question and half the damn time she wont even answer or just stares at me. She is also that type of person who finds absolutely everything embarrassing and is just an absolute pain to be around. Most of the time we just stand there silently whilst everyone else is having fun with their friends and I look at them longingly.

I too am very introverted and anxious but I still somehow make the most effort out of all of them.

They are so insufferable as all they ever want to ever talk about is other people, our futures (which is fine to talk about but not every bloody day, it is tiring) or they are rambling about some uninteresting thing that the rest of us have to pretend to be interested in. Not even in a mean way as well, it is just so soul crushing to be around these people.

Call me what you want but it really is just horrible. any advice? I don't know how much longer I can put up with them.

The number one thing you need to make sure of it that you enjoy your own company. You can slowly stop hanging out with them, spend time alone and mind your own business. You could even reach out and simply ask your seatmate in Chemistry or something if you can spend lunch with them, or even go to a club. I'm extremely antisocial, though I've forced myself to talk to many people because I've had bad friendships where I've needed other people's help.

So really, there's two options. Become a loner - which I swear isn't that bad and isn't as common as you think; or reach out to other people - which means you'll have to break out of your shell and start talking to other people and developing new friendships, which can work very well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending