The Student Room Group

A2 French Oral Debate Topic

Hey guys, As a part of my A2 French oral exam, I have to engage in a debate on any chosen topic, however, I am stuck for topics. I am welcoming all ideas, with a couple of strong points to fight my case and a topic that isn't too complex, since my french isn't the greatest.Much appreciated, Humza
Original post by Humza M
Hey guys, As a part of my A2 French oral exam, I have to engage in a debate on any chosen topic, however, I am stuck for topics. I am welcoming all ideas, with a couple of strong points to fight my case and a topic that isn't too complex, since my french isn't the greatest.Much appreciated, Humza

Easy topics, and therefore popular ones, include euthanasia, the death sentence and abortion. Either for or against; the points on both sides are very strong and can be argued fairly easily. The trouble with these is that they are very popular and so examiners tend to become a little fed up with them!

A more impressive topic for a debate would be something relating to current affairs or to your own genuine interests. On current affairs, for example, you could opt for questions on immigration, the banning of the burka in France, the future of the EU and so on. If you're interested in medicine, you might discuss vaccination or sibling saviours. If you're interested in in computer games, you could discuss the banning (or not) of violent computer games. And so on!

Whatever you choose, the trick is to have enough ideas up your sleeve to do a lot of talking on the day. There is nothing worse than running out of ideas and drying up!
Reply 2
I'm lucky I saw this because I was thinking about choosing euthenasia as my topic. I don't see my speaking teacher for another week, which gives me enough time to think of a new topic. Thank you for the advice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending