The Student Room Group

Adult nursing 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bevs1234
ok thankyouu :smile: erm mines next Wednesday

Mines two weeks tomorrow haha! Good luck and let me know how it goes!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by scouser05
Hi, I was on the LJMU interviews on Friday for adult nursing 2015, has anyone received a offer or rejection yet? This waiting is too much.

LJMU is my first choice, just wondering what the interview was like? Ive not even sent my application in yet!:frown:
Reply 22
Hi I sent my application off on the 31/10/14 to study adult nursing. My choices are Teesside, Northumbria, Cumbria, Leeds and York. I am so nervous waiting for replies since reading up on people getting rejected last year it has made me wonder whether my ps was good enough. Has anyone heard back yet who has applied?:smile:
Hey,
I haven't had the interview yet, but I hear it's a point system so it doesn't matter when you get your interview. And apparently they ask the exact same questions to everyone! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RebecaXx
Hi I sent my application off on the 31/10/14 to study adult nursing. My choices are Teesside, Northumbria, Cumbria, Leeds and York. I am so nervous waiting for replies since reading up on people getting rejected last year it has made me wonder whether my ps was good enough. Has anyone heard back yet who has applied?:smile:

Hey!! :smile:

I applied for adult nursing on the 29th last month. I've got acknowledgements from all five of my uni choices, and I now have tests coming up for two of my university choices so far.

It's nerve racking waiting for responses, but I think the tests and the interviews is where nerves really starts kicking in.

I hope everything goes well for you! Best of luck!!!!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Good Luck!
I'm feeling pretty bummed out i applied to leeds etc last week and they've declined my offer already saying that i 'dont meet entry requirements' when i do because i checked before i applied...

hope you all have better luck than me! :frown:
Original post by RJ-21
Good Luck!
I'm feeling pretty bummed out i applied to leeds etc last week and they've declined my offer already saying that i 'dont meet entry requirements' when i do because i checked before i applied...

hope you all have better luck than me! :frown:

What grades have you got?

Maybe try ring them and ask why you didn't meet their grades?
Reply 27
I have GCSEs a-c, I have double award and an Nvq in health and social care.. Thanks I will do
Original post by RJ-21
I have GCSEs a-c, I have double award and an Nvq in health and social care.. Thanks I will do

That makes me panic as that's what I've got and I've applied for Leeds!! What were your English and maths grades??
Reply 29
They're both C!! Im just going to ring them and see what they say! Because 300 ucas points is my health and social care Nvq etc which adds to 320 altogether so i don't see how I don't meet there grades!
Original post by RJ-21
They're both C!! Im just going to ring them and see what they say! Because 300 ucas points is my health and social care Nvq etc which adds to 320 altogether so i don't see how I don't meet there grades!

Yeah I'd ring them and see! Let me know what they say :-)
Original post by RJ-21

And how long after you applied did they decline you ? X
Reply 32
I applied last Thursday and it was yesterday that they declined my application x
Original post by RJ-21
I applied last Thursday and it was yesterday that they declined my application x

Oh dear :/ well I hope when you speak to them they give you a valid response x
Reply 34
Original post by RJ-21

Definately ring them a girĺ on my course was rejected from sheffield hallam. She rang them to find out why and they said she didnt meet the entry requirements. Her results are pending so they apologised and reversed the rejection x
Reply 35
Original post by Suziea75
Definately ring them a girĺ on my course was rejected from sheffield hallam. She rang them to find out why and they said she didnt meet the entry requirements. Her results are pending so they apologised and reversed the rejection x

It says that nvqs don't count to ucas points, but my a levels in health and social care so but my grade doesn't add up to enough points. I still may ring them and ask for feedback x
Reply 36
I applied to Uni of Leeds, Uni of York, Oxford Brookes, Uni of Lincoln & Keele on the 31st October. Had emails from all of them to say that they've received my application form, still waiting for a further response from them, though.
Reply 37
Hi all!

I am currently in the process of applying to uni to study Adult nursing in september 2015.

I know most adult nursing interviews can be quite stressful with numeracy and literacy tests, group interviews, role play and individual interviews.

Does anyone know of any uni's that don't test you on numeracy and literacy? If so please comment!!

Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 38
University of Wolverhampton. Bear in mind, numeracy is very important in nursing for drug calculations etc. You will have drug calculation exams as part of your degree, which you must pass.
Hey :smile:

I applied on the 31st October also, and have applied for Leeds, Leeds Beckett, Manchester, York and Sheffield Hallam.

I have interviews from 3 of them coming up :smile:

Good luck to everyone :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending