The Student Room Group

OCR Biology Practical (18th May 2004)

What do we need to know for this? For the mock, my teacher told me to revise all the experiments done and learn some labels on some tissues. Also is it going to be loosely related to the biology planning exercise? I just wanted to make sure.

Oh yeah. People doing chemistry, we got the practicals on the same day, both in the morning, having only like 15 mins break in between... which is just stupid!!
Reply 1
whats the planning exercise about?
Reply 2
Planning exercise is on how size effects the rrate of diffusion (in a cell)

We were told that the 30min part would probably be a microscope pratical.

Has anyone been told what's on it? [I know some people at certain schools get told...]
Reply 3
the bio plan is on difusion using agar. you have to use different sized bits to determine the rate of diffusion due to size and surface area.
Reply 4
what experiment did u discuss in ur plan?
I've got this plan and im stuck on where 2 start!! Could any1 give me advise on where 2 start and to score good marks beacuse my teachers are not helping me at all!
Reply 5
think what happens when a cell increases in size: it's dimensuions get bigger! this has an adverse affect on surface area:volume ratio. this means rate of diffusion decreases
Reply 6
Yeah like the Eton guys apparently get all the information about tissues (everything that might come up in the exam) spoon fed to 'em. That's cuz they're paying tons of money, like 6000 quid a term or something. We don't get that in our school.

Latest

Trending

Trending