Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What do we need to know for this? For the mock, my teacher told me to revise all the experiments done and learn some labels on some tissues. Also is it going to be loosely related to the biology planning exercise? I just wanted to make sure.

Oh yeah. People doing chemistry, we got the practicals on the same day, both in the morning, having only like 15 mins break in between... which is just stupid!!

ReputationRep:
    whats the planning exercise about?

ReputationRep:
    Planning exercise is on how size effects the rrate of diffusion (in a cell)

We were told that the 30min part would probably be a microscope pratical.

Has anyone been told what's on it? [I know some people at certain schools get told...]

ReputationRep:
    the bio plan is on difusion using agar. you have to use different sized bits to determine the rate of diffusion due to size and surface area.

ReputationRep:
    what experiment did u discuss in ur plan?
    I've got this plan and im stuck on where 2 start!! Could any1 give me advise on where 2 start and to score good marks beacuse my teachers are not helping me at all!

ReputationRep:
    think what happens when a cell increases in size: it's dimensuions get bigger! this has an adverse affect on surface area:volume ratio. this means rate of diffusion decreases

ReputationRep:
    Yeah like the Eton guys apparently get all the information about tissues (everything that might come up in the exam) spoon fed to 'em. That's cuz they're paying tons of money, like 6000 quid a term or something. We don't get that in our school.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.