The Student Room Group

men who join clubs are kinda losers? trying to find a guy

in uni i joined the ultimate frisbee team, i remember on the 'intake' take loads of people turned up, but the members were kinda like unappealing guys for relationships. it was either looks or personality, usually personality. they werent bad people but they just werent cool, if you get me. i enjoy running so i thought a running club would be a great place to meet an athletic guy who wasnt lazy and into fitness. i havent gone to any clubs yet but on a parkrun, i noticed that they were a bit similar to the ultimate firsbee guys, kinda nerdy guys, sometimes a little camp. so now ive started to think joining clubs as an adult is kinda for lame people who have no friends?
Original post by Anonymous
in uni i joined the ultimate frisbee team, i remember on the 'intake' take loads of people turned up, but the members were kinda like unappealing guys for relationships. it was either looks or personality, usually personality. they werent bad people but they just werent cool, if you get me. i enjoy running so i thought a running club would be a great place to meet an athletic guy who wasnt lazy and into fitness. i havent gone to any clubs yet but on a parkrun, i noticed that they were a bit similar to the ultimate firsbee guys, kinda nerdy guys, sometimes a little camp. so now ive started to think joining clubs as an adult is kinda for lame people who have no friends?

I think you're being kind of harsh on them tbh, what is your definition of cool?
Reply 2
Sorry but lol I feel for you.
Reply 3
Get fans then
I disagree. For many people in general, it's a way of finding others with similar interests.

To be fair as much as I've been ignored by guys in the past for how I am I think your being a little mean. It's these 'nerdy' types of guys that often make great long term partners for marriage : p. At least they have an actual hobby other than chasing women and trying to act cool. I suggest if you want someone more cool/masculine go to a gym/weights room there are plenty of 'buff' alpha guys but don't be surprised if you get used and dumped.
but... you joined a club.
Please define cool .

If your looking for popular people then you should be looking to get into the popular clique at your uni.
If your looking for LADS go to the gym or rugby squad , im sure they wouldn't mind a line up
If your an obnoxious hipster why don't you make such a society
Reply 8
You want a badboy haha
Reply 9

When I moved to Amsterdam for work I joined a snooker club and a rock climbing club. Naturally I didn't have any friends when I first arrived and couldn't insist on all my immediate colleagues from joining me since they were all Dutch and were likely to have closer friends and family to meet on the weekends. What would you suggest I should have done instead?

Likewise this year I'm going to Thailand for a winter break and would like to go motorcycling. Naturally I'd like to meet up with other young men and join a group for it whilst I'm there. Or is this 'lame' in your opinion?
Reply 10
> joined team expecting "cool" people
> ultimate frisbee

OP, has anyone ever questioned your judgement before?

Possibly true, but have you considered that you are joining for the same reason? Perhaps you are not very interesting or attractive either and should settle.
Do you not want a camp or nerdy guy. Well then what do you fricking well want.
They're probably just as uncool as you, yes.
I must be one super cool dude then :cool:

I'm currently in no clubs whatsoever. Want my number?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending