The Student Room Group

Advice for LJMU 2015???

Hiya, I've just recently sent my ucas application off and was wondering what LJMU is like? Unfortunately I missed the open day due to some problems at home. Is it a good uni to go to? So far I've heard it's good, what's the nightlife like and what are the best buildings to stay in for student accommodation?

Went to an open day at uni of beds just because it's close to some family members (didn't really want to go, I've heard it's a bit rubbish) and I was disappointed in every part of it.
Original post by emjones_96
Hiya, I've just recently sent my ucas application off and was wondering what LJMU is like? Unfortunately I missed the open day due to some problems at home. Is it a good uni to go to? So far I've heard it's good, what's the nightlife like and what are the best buildings to stay in for student accommodation?

Went to an open day at uni of beds just because it's close to some family members (didn't really want to go, I've heard it's a bit rubbish) and I was disappointed in every part of it.

Hey I got LJMU, I'm studying biomedical sciences.

I can't really compare how good the university in comparison to others as it's the only one I've ever gone to :tongue: and my advice would be useless if you;re not applying for my course so hopefully someone else could answer about that.

I really like LJMU though, it's no secret that it's not exactly the most respected university and it's not a red brick but it is (at least in my experience) a good university who uphold good standards.

The night life here is very good, better than anywhere else I have encountered.

What accommodation I would recommend would depend on your course as they are situated closer to different buildings for course as well as your price range and preference for en suite. I stayed in Marybone phase 1 last year (3 minutes up the road from my lectures). Marybone 1 is the cheapest accommodation closest to my campus (byrom street) last year it was £83 a week, though this is for a non ensuite room. If you wanted an ensuite though Marybone 2 (which is just opposite Marybone 1) is about £111 a week I think.
Reply 2
Thank you so much this really helped a lot more than you think haha! :-) (same person as emjones_96 just a newer account)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending