The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yeah. Compared to physics (which I did for two years and got fed up with) it's a piece of piss.

I'm enjoying it a lot more than physics too. They have an interesting take on maths though...
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
I'm really enjoying it, in my second year now. We get interesting projects such as these.

Alex, do you have Roland for maths? The guy is a living legend!
Reply 3
yeah.
I'm not liking this 'do every step possible and annotate what you're doing and why' business very much.

I must say Thorsten is amusing :biggrin:

"CPU, that's where the sh it* happens"

we've got him for CSA.

*note the space is only there to bypass the censor.
Reply 4
Thorsten's a freaking headcase! Course seems pretty decent though and the university is immense.
Tut tut [Karni] Alex, stop evading swear filters you naughty boy!
Reply 6
Lol yeah, Thorsten is awesome. I loved his explanation of how errors in assembly language are dangerous and can "cause a lot of problems and do horrible things to your mother".

and yes, the crazy annotation in maths is irritating :/
I missed Roland's style when we had somebody else in the second semester :frown: Was going to take his module this year but it clashed with computer vision so I'll be there next time!
Alex showed me his maths cwk, and I think I would have scored 100% and I haven't done maths in 3 years :redface:.
Reply 9
aww man, fiziks is fun and so do math...
iv applied to nottingham for computer science and i got the following for AS:
Biology:C (improving a module to bring it up to a B)
Maths:C (improving a module to bring it up to an A)
ICT: C
Business: D

and i dropped business studies and got a prediction of BBB for my other a levels..do you think i have any chance of getting an offer?
what's the prospectus say the normal offer is?
AAA-BBC .. but im still scared:colondollar:

i still aint hurd from dem and some ppl have already got offers from notts on this forum so it got me worried! i got an offer from aston tho with them grades..but notts is still my first choice!
Reply 13
some people were allowed in with grades as low as BCE, so you have got a chance.
Dills html coding is disabled on this forum (reference to yor signature)... use BBCode,
BCE:redface: damn! well fingers crossed den!thanks :smile: x
Reply 16
mmm i feel good today about my application at Notts Uni... i received a letter that says "you will shortly be receiving an offer to study Com Sci w/ Robotics at Nott Uni" all i have to do is send back the questionnaire about the type of fee i hav.. although nott uni is not my first choice due to the fact that i live in nottingham
Reply 17
I know someone applying to comp sci at Nottingham, but they have A levels in computing, media studies and music tech?
Do you think that A's and B's in these subjects will be suitable to get into Nottingham?
They say you need an A level in either Maths or Computing, so do you think an offer is possible with these Aleves/grades?
Recieved an offer from Nottingham today to read Computer Science and Management - ABB in any of the subjects i am doing (Maths, Computing, Physics)
Reply 19
nice! i'd love to do the course in nottingham but the uni's not going to be my first choice due to the fact that i live in nottingham :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending