The Student Room Group

Nursing at Brighton

Hello everyone,

Im currently enrolled on a BA Social Work course but am looking to change to Adult nursing at Brighton from September.

I have an interview on the 15th Jan, i have sought support from other people applying and the havent been given offers after their interview which is making me think its tougher than i thought!

Im brushing up on my maths and i am currently a ward volunteer at a NHS hospital.

Im just writing out postcards as revision for my interview and im wondering if anyone has any tips or examples of interview questions they would like to share.

If you are also applying for nursing at Brighton for Sept 2015 please feel free to say hello!
Or if you are already a student, share what its been like for you!

TIA
Reply 1
While we can't give you specific interview questions some things for you to think about might be:

Why nursing and why your particular branch of nursing?

Think about what you think makes a good nurse and how you would make a good one.

The 6 C's are quite a popular thing for interviewers to ask about at the moment, there's been a few discussions on this and there's plenty about on the internet about them.

Think about if they give you scenario based questions and how you'd react, so things like someone refuses to let you help them have a wash, what would you do? (It won't be anything too taxing).

Make sure you're up to date with what's been going on in the world of nursing and the wider healthcare world, the Nursing Times website has a fair bit on it, or grab a copy of the Nursing Standard from a large newsagents. Have a look on news websites such as the BBC in their health sections, there's some pretty obvious stuff going on at the moment in the NHS that you can talk about.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 3
That's wonderful! Thank you I had no idea about the nursing standard!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending