The Student Room Group

How to get an A* in maths A level(Edecxel) if I'm doing S2, C3 and C4

Hi,

I've tried to find the answer to this question, but can't find a conclusive answer. So I know if you do S1 and M1 as your additional modules you only need to get an average of 90 UMS in C3 and C4 to get an A*. However, my teacher recently said if I'm doing S2, as it's an A2 module, I'll need to get an average 90 between S2, C3 and C4 to get an A*. Can anyone confirm or not if my teacher is correct?
I don't think your teacher is correct. I had a look at the Edexcel website and Maths appears to be an exception to the whole 'averaging 90 across 3 A2 modules' rule - it's only C3 and C4 that's important.

To get an A* in Edexcel A level Mathematics you must:

score at least 480 UMS marks for your overall A level grade

score at least 180 UMS marks in Core 3 and Core 4.

Taken from their website.
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
I don't think your teacher is correct. I had a look at the Edexcel website and Maths appears to be an exception to the whole 'averaging 90 across 3 A2 modules' rule - it's only C3 and C4 that's important.

To get an A* in Edexcel A level Mathematics you must:

score at least 480 UMS marks for your overall A level grade

score at least 180 UMS marks in Core 3 and Core 4.

Taken from their website.

Clarity at last. Thank you!
Reply 3
Original post by ACarter8
Hi,

I've tried to find the answer to this question, but can't find a conclusive answer. So I know if you do S1 and M1 as your additional modules you only need to get an average of 90 UMS in C3 and C4 to get an A*. However, my teacher recently said if I'm doing S2, as it's an A2 module, I'll need to get an average 90 between S2, C3 and C4 to get an A*. Can anyone confirm or not if my teacher is correct?

there was a similar thread a week or so ago

you may find some of these discussions useful
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3006707

Quick Reply

Latest