The Student Room Group

What is considered a 'good' LNAT score?

It appears that many successful law applicants I have spoken to have LNAT scores of about 24-25. Is that true for all Cambridge lawyers? It has been made quite clear by admission tutors that the LNAT, like any other piece of admissions information, is not the be all and end all. My question is what score would one need to get in order to keep up with the competition? For example, would a 19-20/30 be perceived as a low score or a reasonably high one?
Reply 1
IIRC from last year's thread on LNAT scores of Law applicants, plenty of them had scores around ~19. It isn't terribly impressive obviously, but neither does it mean that your chances of receiving an offer are severely diminished.
I believe that the average score is 17.
Yes - I think anything below 50% looks a bit dodgy.
Yea i think that to get into oxbridge u definitely need to be significantly above average
Most people who got in have something like 22+ from what I can gather.

I honestly don't think the tutors (or anyone else for that matter) care about your LNAT score.
Reply 6
They put a lot more weight on the essay and interview than the multiple choice part of the LNAT. I think.
Reply 7
I think I really messed up my essay. My arguments were weak and not very well connected. Most people I spoke to told me they did well in the essay but not so well in the MCQs. I felt the exact opposite. The essay was not a true representation of my abilities but there is no way I can rectify that. It's so depressing.

Latest

Trending

Trending