Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, my brother did his higher maths in november and got his results today, he was just 1 mark off a C. Do you guys think if he gets a remark, he would get the C? Have any of you had a successful remark in maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nader_KSA)
    Hi, my brother did his higher maths in november and got his results today, he was just 1 mark off a C. Do you guys think if he gets a remark, he would get the C? Have any of you had a successful remark in maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes I have known Ds turn to Cs

I have known a handful out of the hundreds I have submitted

So, probability is low but not impossible

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    One of my classmates was like 2 marks off a C in maths( June 2014) and got that remarked but unfortunately it did not go up. Anyway there is a positive side to this as she had ro resit in November and got her C grade. It could happen, you never know.

Good luck.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I've know successful remarks in GCSE maths but they are rare. One mark away is worth a punt if he can afford the fee.

ReputationRep:
    I was one off an A* in the June paper, so I got it remarked. Guess what? I got marked down haha, but I did this re sit and got an A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tahahussain123)
    I was one off an A* in the June paper, so I got it remarked. Guess what? I got marked down haha, but I did this re sit and got an A*
    Thanks for giving me hope haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for giving me hope haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    haha, but i think it should definitely be an option. it can go up, stay the same, or go down. if the fee is affordable, go for it

ReputationRep:
    I was 2 off a B in my GCSE Exam, it was sent of to be remarked and I'm sure it went down a couple of marks? Its always worth trying - there may be some missed working out that can be marked!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 11, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.