Scroll to see replies

Original post by HSafirah
Waalaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh wamaghfiratuh

Alhamdulillah, all well here. Hope you are too :h: YES ramadhaaaaan :biggrin:

I like surah al-Ikhlas
surah Taha (yay, same) :smile:
surah Rahman

Firstly sorry for the late reply,
Yes!! I am ready for the Powerful and Peaceful Month of the year to arrive.:smile:
Original post by ash92:)
whoop :biggrin:

May Allah ta'ala bless us with the capability to be steadfast in Ramadan and
may He facilitate ease for us

Ameen
[video="youtube;3tOl4Kk7jdc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tOl4Kk7jdc[/video]
[video="youtube;p7vE0aMWibY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7vE0aMWibY[/video]
Via Imran Salha

Be careful who you endorse.

I will never applaud any of George Galloway's work for Palestine because he betrays the integrity of that work by supporting Naffaar (Bashaar) when it comes to Syria.

I will never applaud the teachings of Ali Al-Jifry because he betrays his own teachings by supporting Sisi the murderer.

Likewise, I will never applaud any of the Islamic work Haroon Moghul does because he betrays the integrity of that work by being a part of MLI.

They are all the same. Be careful whose work you share because to these people, when you share the good they do they use it as an excuse to continue the bad they do. They use the good to make the bad justifiable. We are responsible to boycott publicly and communicate privately to make changes. And we continue to academically boycott their work publicly until change occurs. May Allah (SWT) guide and unite us.

:yy:
A personal reflection of global war, tyranny, sexism, intolerance, including reflections on current middle-east events

(an Islamic and logical perspective, not an invitation to debate, i will not respond to anyone)

What is going on in Syria, palestine, Iraq, Nigeria,, and if i expand my perspective , what is going on globally in the way of war, poverty, tyranny, deception, and all manner of injustices is something i can not help but, as a human speak out against. It transcends an issue inwhich only the religious care for, and is rather one inwhich all human beings who are have humanity in them develop a sense of empathy in their hearts. However, for muslims in Particular, it is key that one is to fight for justice, and certainly not defend injustice. To defend injustice is one of the greatest crimes, and one will certainly be accountable for it.

In fact, the Quran asks us to uphold justice, even if it means going against those we are close to:

Quran: "O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm in justice, witnesses for Allah , even if it be against yourselves or parents and relatives. Whether one is rich or poor, Allah is more worthy of both. So follow not [personal] inclination, lest you not be just. And if you distort [your testimony] or refuse [to give it], then indeed Allah is ever, with what you do, Acquainted.

Quran: "O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm for Allah , witnesses in justice, and do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just. Be just; that is nearer to righteousness. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is Acquainted with what you do."

Indeed, we must stand for justice, and not follow our own personal biases and inclinations. We must not lie or distort testimony, and acknowledge Allah swt knows all we do.

It is in this view, i wish to sincerely and humbly discuss my own perspective of the tragedy going on in Syria, divorce the extremists from their claim of representing Islam, and forming a basis for which the inquiring mind can begin to pick apart what is a very complicated issue.

1. As a muslim who ascribes to the jaferi madhab, otherwise known as the 'shia' school of thought or 'twelvers', though i prefer to call myself as a muslim, i have absolutely no issues, qualms, or problems with a sunni government forming in Syria, if that is what the wish of the people is. Infact, i have been campaigning for Palestine, which is predominantly Sunni's for the better part of my life, and Allah swt is a witness to the fact i do so out of a sense of justice. I live with sunni relatives, pray behind respected sunni brothers, have visited ahlul-sunnah mosques, and engage in a cordial and loving relationship with all my sunni family. Therefore in all my judgments, political opinions, and views, i put aside sectarian biases and examine things, as best as i can, with a clear and impassioned mind. While it would be a lie to say i do not yield to any influence, i will say i ensure it does not have an effect with regards to conclusions i make, moreso with the one i will make on this post.

2. Islam is in opposition to terrosim. As we have seen, ISIS has caused terror and bloodshed against muslims, christians, jews, journalists, and has destroyed societies. ISIS, Alqaeda, Al Nusra, and other radical groups who comprise the largest portion of the terrorism have caused a lot of bloodshed. I condemn them - and i will get to more moderate sides such as the FSA, or the Syrian government, though i condemn both groups if they have performed any crimes against humanity, Assad and the FSA.

3. After seeing the Goutha chemical attack of August 21st, 2013, and after examining the evidence, from research papers carried out by some of the worlds most eminent scientists from MIT, arguably americas best university, and reading the report (can be found here: http://web.mit.edu/sts/Analysis%20of%20the%20UN%20Repor t%20on%20Syria%20CW.pdf) and examining the commentary of notable figures, from Ron Paul, to Vladamir Putin, to others, and of the context of the situtation, i am forced to conclude it is extremely, likely terrorist groups pretending to represent Islam carried out those attacks, which were a major crime against humanity. I pray for God almighty to punish them, if they were and i believe them to be , responsible. I ask any open minded individual to read the report written by scientists at MIT, and note this is not a propaganda news station, it is a cogent, well evidenced, scientifically backed report from some of the most eminent scientists in the world. No-one has a right to make any claims until reviewing the evidence, and are bound to not following whims , personal inclinations, as stated by the verse quoted in the Quran. For Allah swt warns us in his holy signs: "O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm for Allah , witnesses in justice, and do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just. Be just; that is nearer to righteousness. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is Acquainted with what you do.

4. The best possible Alternative, and one George Galloway advocates himself, is for a peace process. Assad is in the political sense, a dictator, and should the people of Syria - and not those that invaded, and the majority of the terrorist groups fighting- wish to kick him out of power, i am behind them. I, and George, both agree while Assad is a dictator, it is irresponsible in the current situation to begin to attack him. It is essential to root out terrorism, and under international bodies engage in a peace-process on the table, and yield to the voice of the people. We must be awake to the fact ISIS , Al Nusra, Alqaeda have been spreading propaganda online, drawing british individuals to fight for them, sometimes under sectarian pretensions, and they are by far the best armed group of terrorists in the world, arguably the richest, and form a very large if not the largest chunk of the 'opposition'. By destroying the current government, it would as it did in Libiya, give free reign to terrorists to take over. Rather one must get rid of the terrorism first, and then engage in a process of democratic change. Furthermore, one must also campaign against other dictatorships Globally, arguably one which has been financing the terorrism in Syria - Saudi Arabia. We as muslims must speak out against sexist, racist, sectist, discrimination and abuse globally. I also agree with Geoerge in that the difference between the dictatorship in Syria, and that of Arabia is that the syrian dictatorship was not pro-israel, and had the western governments been fair and consistent, it would have gone against saudi-arabia first.

I end with a prayer for the orphans , women, children, men, elderly, christians, coptics, yazdis, sunnis/shia muslims, non-muslims, agnostics, those of no religion, world wide, from Ethopia , Nigeria, to Syria. All the victims of the radicals, all the victims of war and tyranny, of genocide, be they a christian, an atheist, a muslim from any school of thought or sect, that justice prevails, and may God help end oppression and help us within our own means end oppression.

A dua for the oppressed, and for humanity

O Allah, gladden the people of the graves,
O Allah, enrich every poor person,
O Allah, satisfy every hungry one,
O Allah, clothe every unclothed one,
O Allah, help every debtor pay his debts,
O Allah, relieve every distressed one,
O Allah, return every traveler (to his home),
O Allah release every prisoner,
O Allah, correct every wrong in the affairs of the Muslims,
O Allah, cure every sick one,
O Allah, ease our poverty by Your wealth,
O Allah, change our evil state to a good one through Your excellent state,
O Allah, relieve us of our debts, and help us against poverty, Surely You have power over all things.

[video="youtube;WjujimK9kuM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjujimK9kuM[/video]
(edited 8 years ago)
Umar RA said: I heard Messenger of Allah (sallahu alayhi wa sallam) saying:

"If you all depend on Allah with reliance, He would certainly give you provision as He gives it to birds who go forth hungry in the morning and return with full belly at dusk".

(Tirmidhi)
YOU ARE SPECIAL ᴴᴰ | *POWERFUL REMINDER* - Must Watch

[video="youtube;7WG7-rL11Eo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WG7-rL11Eo[/video]
I begin in the name of Allah swt, the immaterial , transcendent, indivisible, necessary creator of the universe. Only he is worthy of worship, and only he is our ultimate source of help, and salvation. May Allah swt bless Muhammed , and his purified family, who incurred the task of preserving his Sunnah, as the second of the two weighty things, the first being the glorious Quran.

The importance of speaking about Allah swt

Kitab Al Kafi - H 3183, CH 22, h 3 Al-Husayn ibn Muhammad hasnarrated from Mu'alla ibn Muhammad and A
number of our people have narratedfrom Ahmad ibn Muhammad all from al-
Hassan ibn Ali al-Washsha’ fromDawud ibn Serhan from abu ‘Abd Allah,
recipient of divine supremecovenant, who has said the following:

“The Messenger of Allah has said,Whoever speaks of Allah, the Most Majestic, the Most Holy,often Allah loves him and whoever speaks of Allah very often, two kinds of freedoms will be written for him: freedom from fire and freedom from hypocrisy.’”
الحديثالثالث : صحيح._

As human beings, we must acknowledge our existence is to know and 'worship' our lord. Only through understanding Allah swt do we truly understand our own existence, our own position, and our own purpose.

A brilliant Hadith , for those who want to know Allah swt:

[video="youtube;U9yohZWBDwI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9yohZWBDwI[/video]
(edited 8 years ago)
I have an English exam tomorrow, please if any of you guys could make dua for me I would really appreciate it!
Struggling to balance between the dunya and Deen? The Prophet said "There is a time for this and a time for that".

Check out this lecture

[video="youtube;3g50pHJWtD0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g50pHJWtD0[/video]
Reply 9651
Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr: Once the Prophet remained behind us in a journey. He joined us while we were performing ablution for the prayer which was over-due. We were just passing wet hands over our feet (and not washing them properly) so the Prophet addressed us in a loud voice and said twice or thrice: "Save your heels from the fire."
Original post by Ussamah
I have an English exam tomorrow, please if any of you guys could make dua for me I would really appreciate it!

May Allah ta'ala bless you all with success in your exams and facilitate ease for you, may He make it a means to benefit you in acquiring halaal rizq, may He bless us all with guidance and steadfastness upon our deen and with firmness in our imaan, may He make us successful in the dunya and may He make us successful in the aakhirah, and may He bless us with His refuge from the grave and the Fire.
[video="youtube;iVwF2k5KTk0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVwF2k5KTk0[/video]

Very, very true.
Original post by Ussamah

May Allah grant you success!

Original post by ash92:)
May Allah ta'ala bless you all with success in your exams and facilitate ease for you, may He make it a means to benefit you in acquiring halaal rizq, may He bless us all with guidance and steadfastness upon our deen and with firmness in our imaan, may He make us successful in the dunya and may He make us successful in the aakhirah, and may He bless us with His refuge from the grave and the Fire.

Ameen!
Kitab Al Kafi H 3236, CH 33, h 4
Ahmad ibn Muhammad al-Kufi has narrated from Ali ibn al-Hassan al-Taymifrom Ali ibn Asbat from Ya’qub ibn Salim who has said the following:

“Once I was in the presence of abu ‘Abd Allah, recipient of divine supreme covenant, and al-‘Ala’ ibn Kamil said to him, ‘So and so acts against me again and again, if you consider it proper, pray to Allah, the Most Majestic, the Most Holy.’The Imam said, ‘This is more than enough for you. Say, “O Lord, You are sufficient for everything and nothing is sufficient for You. Suffice me in the matters of so and so with whatever Youwish, in whatever way You wish, from wherever You wish and whenever You wish.’

الحديث الرابع : موثق

May Allah swt be with you all for your exams.
Best of luck to everyone for exams! :smile:

May Allah make you succeed and pass with flying colors.
Original post by Ankabout
Best of luck to everyone for exams! :smile:

May Allah make you succeed and pass with flying colors.

How bad is it that we get so stressed/panic etc for these little exams, yet we forgot about the real exam.. The exam set by allah swt. :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
From Tafseer Ibn Katheer:

At-Tirmidhi, An-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah recorded that Abu Hurayrah said, "The Messenger of Allah sent an expedition force comprising of many men and asked each about what they memorized of the Qur'an. The Prophet came to one of the youngest men among them and asked him, `What have you memorized (of the Qur'an) young man' He said, `I memorized such and such Surahs and also Al-Baqarah.' The Prophet said, `You memorized Surat Al-Baqarah' He said, `Yes.' The Prophet said, `Then you are their commander.' One of the noted men (or chiefs) commented, `By Allah! I did not learn Surat Al-Baqarah, for fear that I would not be able to implement it. The Messenger of Allah said,

«تَعَلَّمُوا القُرْآنَ وَاقْرَءُوهُ، فَإِنَّ مَثَلَ الْقُرْآنِ لِمَنْ تَعَلَّمَهُ فَقَرَأَ وَقَامَ بِهِ كَمَثَلِ جِرَابٍ مَحْشُوَ مِسْكًا يَفُوحُ رِيحُهُ فِي كُلِّ مَكَانٍ، وَمَثَلُ مَنْ تَعَلَّمَهُ فَيَرْقُدُ وَهُوَ فِي جَوْفِهِ كَمَثَلِ جِرَابٍ أُوكِيَ عَلى مِسْك»
(Learn Al-Qur'an and recite it, for the example of whoever learns the Qur'an, recites it and adheres to it, is the example of a bag that is full of musk whose scent fills the air. The example of whoever learns the Qur'an and then sleeps (i.e. lazy) while the Qur'an is in his memory, is the example of a bag that has musk, but is closed tight.)

This is the wording collected by At-Tirmidhi, who said that this Hadith is Hasan. In another narration, At-Tirmidhi recorded this same Hadith in a Mursal manner, so Allah knows best.
Original post by tehFrance
Work, I can do the morning and evening prayers but the other 2 during working hours, it's impossible.

Not one, it's a strange place and one I hope to get out of soon but until then, I'm stuck.

don't u have a lunch time break to pray dhuhr(the first of the two prayers ur talking about)?

and then pray asr(the second of the two prayers ur talking about) when u go home or right when u finish work?

Latest

Trending

Trending