The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ko111
nah i know exactly what you're trying to say don't worry.

It's quite clear you have no idea what i have said and what i have not said.
^ Lol at the conversation - you both are repeating yourselves :lol:
[video="youtube;41eEZPwwoK8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41eEZPwwoK8[/video]
is there anyone doing a chemistry degree or similar here who may be able to help with a chem assignment ?
Original post by Up quark
Belief should come naturally, but how do you know this is not fitnah? You don't have faith in allah's plan? You don't have tawakkul in allah?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Imagine a non-Muslim asked you my question. None of those questions you ask back matter. Now one more time, "why don't you move on? Surely there are more interesting things in life than Islam?"
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ash92:)
I get what you mean, brother. But at the end of the day, there is nothing wrong in that, in and of itself - to discontinue discussion because you are acknowledging that you are not All-knowing, because of humbling yourself before the knowledge of Allah ta'ala.
Each person may try to discuss a matter in so far as he or she feels able to do so. To draw the line is not at all blameworthy, it is rather being humble before Him.

Yeh, it's fine to put your hands up and say something like "you know what, we don't really know enough about this issue. What has been revealed is what we go by and Allah knows best."

Sometimes it is used as a cop-out though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone attending Imam Muhammad Asims talk in Hanfia Masjid, Bradford? :O
Original post by perfezione
is there anyone doing a chemistry degree or similar here who may be able to help with a chem assignment ?

There's this guy called plantagenet crown who does a chem degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ankabout
Imagine a non-Muslim asked you my question. None of those questions you ask back matter. Now one more time, "why don't you move on? Surely there are more interesting things in life than Islam?"

I dont understand what you're trying to do anka. Are you encouraging me to go away from the isoc and abandon islam completely :hmmm:

I dont really have anything to move on to, and besides, i like learning about islam :yes:
Posted from TSR Mobile
I dont understand what you're trying to do anka. Are you encouraging me to go away from the isoc and abandon islam completely :hmmm:

I dont really have anything to move on to, and besides, i like learning about islam :yes:
Posted from TSR Mobile

I love you bro and don't feel you have to go, but please consider my advice. Imam Ghazali's works are brilliant.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol I'm not trying to get you to do anything. I just want an answer. You like learning about Islam great but do you feel calm, serenity and joy when you pray? Or do you feel prayer is a burden? Most people would want to stop feeling guilty about not believing in Islam completely and move on. You get my question now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You clearly don't believe though. You should read more about Islam.
Some deep arguments on here, tonight :frown:
Original post by interact
I love you bro and don't feel you have to go, but please consider my advice. Imam Ghazali's works are brilliant.

Ah, yes. I've just seen your comment. The root cause for me would probably be the shahada itself - i don't even think allah exists. Ash told me to read and learn about his attributes but this has done little for me tbh.

I will look into that imam's work, brother.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah, yes. I've just seen your comment. The root cause for me would probably be the shahada itself - i don't even think allah exists. Ash told me to read and learn about his attributes but this has done little for me tbh.

I will look into that imam's work, brother.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just out of curiosity are you Muslim or trying to learn?
Original post by Ankabout
Lol I'm not trying to get you to do anything. I just want an answer. You like learning about Islam great but do you feel calm, serenity and joy when you pray? Or do you feel prayer is a burden? Most people would want to stop feeling guilty about not believing in Islam completely and move on. You get my question now?

Sometimes it makes me happy. This is probably more down to salat giving a structure to my day and it's a sort of exercise as well. I've read tafsir, I understand what I recite and I know the translations but i dont really appreciate what i say tbh. It does feel like a burden at times and also a sort of ritual because im so accustomed to it.

But i feel guilty for going away from the path of islam, that's the difference.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending