The Student Room Group

Bad second year... Can I still get a 1st

Hi all,

For plenty of irrelevant reasons, I only got 57% average in my second year. Second year is worth 40% and third year is worth 60%. Third year so far I have completed three assignments and got 64%, 72%, and 70%. I have three assignments left.

My question is what would I have to average in 3rd year to get a 1st.

Thanks all
Reply 1
Not sure what happened up there... Sorry
Reply 2
Hi all,

For plenty of irrelevant reasons, I only got 57% average in my second year. Second year is worth 40% and third year is worth 60%. Third year so far I have completed three assignments and got 64%, 72%, and 70%. I have three assignments left.

My question is what would I have to average in 3rd year to get a 1st.

Thanks all
I think that right now your grade is 64.2?? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm an English student after all and not the greatest at maths.

You're not even averaging a first in your third year right now. How many more assignments do you have to complete?

I'm going to say that it's unlikely you'll get a first overall, but you should achieve a 2:1. :smile:

Even if you get a 72 for the next 3 assignments (I'm going to assume that's how many you have left...?) You'll JUST make 70 for this year.

A 2:1 is very respectable. From my (admittedly shaky calculations) I think you'd need to average a 77.2 for the rest of the semester. Not going to lie, with your previous grades, this is highly improbable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending