Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Hi all,[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]For plenty of irrelevant reasons, I only got 57% average in my second year. Second year is worth 40% and third year is worth 60%. Third year so far I have completed three assignments and got 64%, 72%, and 70%. I have three assignments left.[/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]My question is what would I have to average in 3rd year to get a 1st.[/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Thanks all[/COLOR]

ReputationRep:
    Not sure what happened up there... Sorry

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

For plenty of irrelevant reasons, I only got 57% average in my second year. Second year is worth 40% and third year is worth 60%. Third year so far I have completed three assignments and got 64%, 72%, and 70%. I have three assignments left.

My question is what would I have to average in 3rd year to get a 1st.

Thanks all

ReputationRep:
    I think that right now your grade is 64.2?? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm an English student after all and not the greatest at maths.

You're not even averaging a first in your third year right now. How many more assignments do you have to complete?

I'm going to say that it's unlikely you'll get a first overall, but you should achieve a 2:1.

Even if you get a 72 for the next 3 assignments (I'm going to assume that's how many you have left...?) You'll JUST make 70 for this year.

A 2:1 is very respectable. From my (admittedly shaky calculations) I think you'd need to average a 77.2 for the rest of the semester. Not going to lie, with your previous grades, this is highly improbable.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.