The Student Room Group

Muslim man killed infront of his wife in France

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Trupac
Backlash is real?

Refer to post #2 of this thread.
Really embarrassing that this hasn't been reported on. Ludicrous behaviour. Is this not terrorism then?
Reply 22
This is such tragic news :frown:
Disgusting!!!! :mad2:
Original post by ZolaCFC25
Really embarrassing that this hasn't been reported on. Ludicrous behaviour. Is this not terrorism then?

If you would google the word you could answer that yourself.
Original post by al_94
And they say France is a "civilized" country. This is something that you would expect to happen in Congo.

Murder by , what sounds like a paranoid schizophrenic. If he holds legal capacity he will no doubt be tried and convicted. As France is a very civilized country he will be humanely treated by the authorities.

Hardly an an accurate analogy.....to the CH terrorists.

We in the liberal West value freedom of speech and if that offends or we are offended so be it. It is because you are in that liberal West that you have freedom to express your opinion on such matters. I may disagree with you completely and you disagree with me but I respect your right to free speech.
And maybe it's time for Muslims to wake up and realize they have to cleanse themselves from all the hate preachers and that it's also their job to stop young men being radicalized.
Original post by Good bloke
So how did you communicate your wishes to the perpetrator of this crime so that he could represent you?

Theyre getting at that many people expect Muslims to apologise for the acts of other Muslims, and to condemn them as well, and they're being satirical with that comment ie: that people in the "West" should now apologise for the actions of this guy.
Reply 28
Original post by SarcasticMel
And maybe it's time for Muslims to wake up and realize they have to cleanse themselves from all the hate preachers and that it's also their job to stop young men being radicalized.

And maybe it's also time for the west to stop destabilising middle east by waging illegal wars which result in deaths of more than a million civilians and also fuel islamic extremism.
So sad :frown: RIP

When it is a western killer this is always the excuse: mentally unwell!!!!! Why is it always this stupid excuse?
They are mentally fine! But thats the only excuse they have for it, when its a muslim person doing something it has muslim written all over the article!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Internet
Theyre getting at that many people expect Muslims to apologise for the acts of other Muslims, and to condemn them as well, and they're being satirical with that comment ie: that people in the "West" should now apologise for the actions of this guy.

I understand the point. My point is that he is in the west and he claimed that this incident is representative of all Western people - which obviously includes himself.
That child will probably grow up with a very conflicted and volatile self identity and if these rotten acts continue there will be more.
And For those of you who will argue the guy represents the "West", he absolutely does not, but there is something that our surroundings, the "west" allowed, and that is the misrepresentation of Muslims.

Original post by Groot
Violence leads to violence. Gee, no surprise. The backlash is real. I always wanted the religion of peace to actually be peaceful so things wouldn't escalate like this.

An attitude like that doesn't help. It F***ing reeks of bigotry.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 32
Where's the outrage of the Christian's burned alive in Pakistan?
Original post by Dexa
Seems that this incident is representative of all Western people :rolleyes:

They should be expelled from the country and go back to the West, where they belong.
Original post by SarcasticMel
If you would google the word you could answer that yourself.

Terrorism is the unofficial or unauthorised use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims. It's entirely possible that the murderer committed his crime in order to intimidate other Muslims; if so, he fits the bill surprisingly well.
Reply 35
Well that sucks
Reply 36
Original post by missfats
The lack of replies compared to the other thread.

lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nobody cares. He's a Muslim.
Original post by chemistrymaths
So sad :frown: RIP

When it is a western killer this is always the excuse: mentally unwell!!!!! Why is it always this stupid excuse?
They are mentally fine! But thats the only excuse they have for it, when its a muslim person doing something it has muslim written all over the article!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've noticed this, in the press. That the Western guy is "mentally unwell" Doesn't stop him from being a terrorist at the same time. A Muslim guy might be "mentally unwell" DOesn't stop him from being a terrorist.
Original post by Groot
Violence leads to violence. Gee, no surprise. The backlash is real. I always wanted the religion of peace to actually be peaceful so things wouldn't escalate like this.

If you wanna go with this logic that it's justified because of what people from the religion of peace have done then for your information, most attacks done by muslims were because of the violent political influence of UK and american governments in muslim countries... :rolleyes:
Reply 39
Original post by tammie123
If you wanna go with this logic that it's justified because of what people from the religion of peace have done then for your information, most attacks done by muslims were because of the violent political influence of UK and american governments in muslim countries... :rolleyes:

I didn't say it was justified. :mad:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending