The Student Room Group

Does he like me?

I met a guy two weeks ago on a night out. We ended up sleeping together and I thought it would probably be a one night stand (neither of us had had one before and I definitely wasn't planning on 'pulling' that night.) The following day he asked for my number and told me to contact him. We've been on two dates since - one at the weekend and one was a lunch date. The nighttime one resulted in sex, but obviously the daytime one didn't. On both dates he initiated 'snuggling'/cuddling. When we walk together he grabs my arm to intertwine it with his. On both dates he held my hand and encouraged me to rest against his chest. I'm not looking for anything particularly serious, but I don't want to be used just for sex either.

Does it sound to you as though he likes me or is that standard date behaviour (I don't have a lot of dating experience, but haven't been on dates where that level of comfort has been there before.)
Do you have anything in common with him? (i.e. shared interests, hobbies, dreams)
Since this can't go anywhere unless both of you are happy with each other. Regardless of whether or not he "likes" you.
Reply 2
Original post by shawn_o1
Do you have anything in common with him? (i.e. shared interests, hobbies, dreams)
Since this can't go anywhere unless both of you are happy with each other. Regardless of whether or not he "likes" you.

I'd say so - we chat easily most of the time. I was dreading our first date as I thought we'd have nothing in common, but since then we've chatted about history, politics, our personalities, our families, career goals etc. We're probably not a perfect match personality wise, but considering we hardly know each other we have stuff to chat about.
Original post by Anonymous
I'd say so - we chat easily most of the time. I was dreading our first date as I thought we'd have nothing in common, but since then we've chatted about history, politics, our personalities, our families, career goals etc. We're probably not a perfect match personality wise, but considering we hardly know each other we have stuff to chat about.

Well, it sure sounds like a good start! If you're getting along that well, just in terms of general chitchat and already having had sex more than once, I don't see why you shouldn't keep on and see what becomes of it :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by sjgriffiths
Well, it sure sounds like a good start! If you're getting along that well, just in terms of general chitchat and already having had sex more than once, I don't see why you shouldn't keep on and see what becomes of it :smile:

Yeah - we went for a meal on our second date and I did find that a tad more awkward than going for a drink but I think that's purely because I hate eating around people I don't know well because I feel like I can't focus on the conversation properly. But he suggested we go for coffee afterwards and found us the only sofa in the coffee shop (which I was pleased about because I wanted to cuddle too!) and I found that way more relaxing than eating together and our conversation seemed to flow much better than when we were having food.

I guess we'll see, but yeah, it seems a nice start.
OK I think this would surely be an easy "experiment": meet again in situations where you won't have sex, and see if the inherent implication/topic/gist of the interaction heads in that direction again. If it does, which it seems to have done in the past, then the sex is probably the main thing, and also blinding anything else that might be happening. If not... then that's great, but you still have to be explicit about dating or being in a relationship.

Nothing worse than status uncertainty :lol:
Reply 6
Original post by Flying Cookie
OK I think this would surely be an easy "experiment": meet again in situations where you won't have sex, and see if the inherent implication/topic/gist of the interaction heads in that direction again. If it does, which it seems to have done in the past, then the sex is probably the main thing, and also blinding anything else that might be happening. If not... then that's great, but you still have to be explicit about dating or being in a relationship.

Nothing worse than status uncertainty :lol:

I met a couple of people he knows on our first date and they asked if I was his new girlfriend. We both sort of laughed awkwardly - I said 'no' (it was our first date!) he said 'not yet.' So yeah, I guess our status is totally in the air. I was going to go and stay at his at the weekend but that'll lead to sex so perhaps that's not the best plan for working out where his interests lie lol He does seem a decent guy and if anything he acted a bit coy when I (jokingly) referenced sex. So he's hard to read, but I'd like to know without outright asking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending