The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

What is the nightlife like in Chester?

I am due to start uni on the 9th of March. As I have missed freshers and things I don't know anything about Chester nightlife. Is it any good?
It's ok. You have two main clubs: Rosies and Cruise. There's another pseudo-club which is Off The Wall. Lots of good pubs aswell. Different events on different nights means Rosies or Cruise are going to be pretty good nights out. You also have Liverpool or Manchester not too far away, and moderately cheap on the train. I myself haven't done Liverpool yet, but my friends have all said they have a brilliant night up there. The Student Union on a Friday is a very good, cheap night. Very popular. I didn't miss a Friday last term as I enjoyed the night that much. It's basically a club.

TL;DR Chester is decent for a small city. The nights out are good but there isn't much variety in town.
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Reply 2
Everything Milanikins said. Student nurses might not always get to party as often as other students, but when they do, it's always awesome. Also, having lived in Liverpool for eight years and going out there for thirteen, it's definitely worth a night out, just book a cheap hotel room and split it with everyone and head over on the train.
Chester is the closest town to me and I have spent many a night out there. First off, it's a fantastic place to go out but as someone has already said, there is not a huge variety of clubs. For pre-drinks, Off the wall is perfect. Drinks are cheap and there is a dance floor. It's always thriving and gets you set for a night out. Then the biggest and in my opinion best two clubs are Rosies and Cruise. Rosie's is a club for everyone! It has three floors, the bottom floor is called popworld and plays pop music and also has a pole on the dancefloor. The other two floors play chart and deep house music therefore it caters for everyone. Also the outside area is quite big and much nicer compared to cruise! Student nights are Mondays and Thursdays and I would suggest Rosie's on a Thursday is best! Cruise tries to attract people who a little 'classier' in my opinion. The atmosphere and facilities makes it much more luxurious club. The best nights are on a Monday and it has three floors. The outside area in Cruise is small which lets it down. Top floor is like popworld in Rosies playing pop and chart music whereas the bottom and middle floor play more deep house music! Each to their own taste though depending on what music you prefer. Also Rosies puts on different nights such as 'Gender blender' throughout the week! You are guaranteed a night life in Chester however if you want more of a choice I'd definitely recommend Deansgate in Manchester or Concert Square in Liverpool! Wish you all the best at university!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending