The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

HELP! Warwick's RETAKE POLICY?

Hi, I can't seem to find anything anywhere but does anyone know if Warwick disregard retake grades?

Thanks
Original post by pryngles
Hi, I can't seem to find anything anywhere but does anyone know if Warwick disregard retake grades?

Thanks

Retaking A-levels as an A-level student for entry, or retaking degree-level modules as a current Warwick student?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by Nirgilis
Retaking A-levels as an A-level student for entry, or retaking degree-level modules as a current Warwick student?

for a levels, entry
Reply 3
for a levels, entry

It's likely to depend on the subject. If you can't see anything on the website about it then you should contact the department directly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4

Thanks

Well I retook my A levels and I still got an offer from them, as long as your new grades meet their requirements. It could vary for different subjects though so just call them up and ask to be safe.
Hi

I follow the US curriculum, taking Advanced Placement (AP) exams instead. Anyways, I am retaking one whole exam in May, and I did get a conditional offer based on this exam I'm retaking.

I applied to do Law btw.
Reply 6
I got CCD in my first year, re-took the year and got AABB, and I've been given an offer. So i doubt they discriminate against retakes. Just as long as you can justify it.
Reply 7
Even though I had retaken a year of A Levels, I was given an offer to study at Warwick relatively early... As long as your grades when you apply are good and your personal statement is strong there should be no issue. I wasn't even asked about why I spent three years at sixth form, so you never know!
They don't mind, but they do say they can increase the requirement by a grade.

Quick Reply

Latest