The Student Room Group

Do Universities accept A-level Retakes ?

I'm curious if universities (especially the top uni’s) would accept A-levels retakes. Obviously considering that I get A/A* after I resat. But the first time around I did really bad (I was going through grief if that can help my case). Would I still be able to get into the top universities ?
Original post by helpme07
I'm curious if universities (especially the top uni’s) would accept A-levels retakes. Obviously considering that I get A/A* after I resat. But the first time around I did really bad (I was going through grief if that can help my case). Would I still be able to get into the top universities ?

Every university is a independent organisation with its own admissions policy. As a result, they don't all take the same approach when it comes to retakes - even "the top uni’s" don't all speak with one mind. Occasionally, their policy can every vary by course.

Generally speaking, unis don't have an issue with retakes. This changes for some unis and/or some courses. Do you have any specific unis in mind?
Reply 2
Many do - Bristol and Bath certainly do - but you need to check with each one, especially as it can be a different policy even for different courses at the same Uni. Just email and ask them.
As above, this is definitely a “call or email and ask about a specific course” type question.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending