The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Bexiness!
Completely agree... :smile:

But saying that, i also feel it's unnecessary to call teachers 'Sir' or 'Miss' because unless you join the Police, nearly everyone you meet in the adult world is called by their first names. I just don't get it, does it really enforce respect? :rolleyes:

We call our teachers by their first names :biggrin:
Reply 41
mikeski
We call our teachers by their first names :biggrin:

Yeah, but what year are you in? Because you were sixteen before the end of August :s-smilie:
At school teachers were "Sir" and "Miss". But now I'm at (a different) college, it's first-name terms :smile:
Reply 43
calcium878
At school teachers were "Sir" and "Miss". But now I'm at (a different) college, it's first-name terms :smile:

The college i want to go go to are first names :p:
13 hours untill my first exam, dont know what subject ive got:eek:
Reply 45
Multi_Eventer
13 hours untill my first exam, dont know what subject ive got:eek:

10 hours until my first- Biology.. :eek:

Good luck for everyone starting tomorrow! :smile:
Good luck to you all. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this - when it was our mocks we got study leave and when I used to walk home from school in my uniform everyone used to give me really weird looks especially the old people!
Reply 47
Ooh my first is PE, not Biology rather.
Anyone done any of their mocks today? I hope it went well! :smile:
Good luck to everybody with their upcoming exams =D
Had geography and french on monday, pretty easy compared to what i was expecting:wink:

Science an P.E today(good luk guyz and girlz who also ave exams today)
When i did my GCSEs at my school we didn't have to wear our uniform for the real things! Infact there was one real one where we did have to wear our uniform and that was the Art exam because we had to do that during school all the others were done after we'd left
Reply 52
Eek, mocks start on Monday for me :eek4:
Reply 53
i finally finished my mocks wooohooo!!!
But i didn't think i did that well so for the real thing! i have to do about 10 time the amount of revision i have done so far.... which isn't very much because i done about less than an hour for each subject during breaks and bus journeys for my mocks>.<
Reply 54
We had ours about a week after we got back in January (thinking about them makes me feel kind of old!).
Don't stress about them, just try your best, and if you muck something up, it doesn't matter because all that you can do is learn from it!
i have my mocks in jan straight after christmas :frown:
Reply 56
Our mock exams were cancelled, we're not having them in the examinations hall for some reason. We're having them in classrooms during late December/January. It's stupid, we don't know anything about them- are they difficult? Also, are they the complete syllabus or just certain modules?
Reply 57
DiageoLiam
Our mock exams were cancelled, we're not having them in the examinations hall for some reason. We're having them in classrooms during late December/January. It's stupid, we don't know anything about them- are they difficult? Also, are they the complete syllabus or just certain modules?

My mocks was mainly all the things we have learnt so far and for some subjects like french, english and maths we did the full paper... So it depends on your school. You should ask your teacher what you are doing in your exams.
Reply 58
DiageoLiam

Doing a full set of exams before the real things in the hall or whatever is essential... a bit crap for you if you didn't do your year 10 exams in the hall :hugs:
DiageoLiam

At my school, the mocks were only on topics we'd covered in class.

Latest