The Student Room Group

Glasgow University vs St Andrews University.

Hi. I've just got all my offers in on UCAS, I got an unconditional for MSci Computing Science at St Andrews and a conditional for the same course in Glasgow. I was wondering what the better option would be? My main problem is finance, I live outside of Glasgow so it would be easier and more affordable to go to Glasgow but St Andrews is better ranked and would allow me to experience living away from home. So is Stat Andrews worth the hefty price tag? :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Hollywood1997
Hi. I've just got all my offers in on UCAS, I got an unconditional for MSci Computing Science at St Andrews and a conditional for the same course in Glasgow. I was wondering what the better option would be? My main problem is finance, I live outside of Glasgow so it would be easier and more affordable to go to Glasgow but St Andrews is better ranked and would allow me to experience living away from home. So is Stat Andrews worth the hefty price tag? :smile:

Probably St Andrews is better. It's higher on the league tables and you also received an unconditional offer which means you have less pressure throughout the year and won't have to go through clearing. Although Glasgow is a Russell group but I'd say St. Andrews based on the points I just mentioned

Posted from TSR Mobile
There isn't much between them so it all depends on your personal preference.
Original post by r-t
Probably St Andrews is better. It's higher on the league tables and you also received an unconditional offer which means you have less pressure throughout the year and won't have to go through clearing. Although Glasgow is a Russell group but I'd say St. Andrews based on the points I just mentioned

Posted from TSR Mobile

My condition is that I attend their summer school and pass the units, also according to the head of department Glasgow has not made use of clearing in 20+ years.
Reply 4
Original post by Hollywood1997
My condition is that I attend their summer school and pass the units, also according to the head of department Glasgow has not made use of clearing in 20+ years.

I've heard that St. Andrews also doesn't use clearing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending