The Student Room Group

Which subject should I drop at A2?

I'm currently studying Chemistry, Biology, Politics, Economics and I'm also doing the EPQ. Which three subjects should I put the most amount of work in to, in order to maximises my chances of getting offers for a politics degree at Russell Group unis?
Original post by george19981998
I'm currently studying Chemistry, Biology, Politics, Economics and I'm also doing the EPQ. Which three subjects should I put the most amount of work in to, in order to maximises my chances of getting offers for a politics degree at Russell Group unis?

Chemistry and biology are equally as relevant for politics, so drop the one that you do worst in next year.
You should put the most work into Politics and Economics and which ever you are best at and enjoy most out of chemistry and biology (make sure not to neglect the 4th subject however) :smile:
Original post by cerlohee
Chemistry and biology are equally as relevant for politics, so drop the one that you do worst in next year.
You should put the most work into Politics and Economics and which ever you are best at and enjoy most out of chemistry and biology (make sure not to neglect the 4th subject however) :smile:

Thanks a lot!
The EPQ shouldn't interfere with your school work, if it does then drop it. A very small number of schools have taken the crazy decision to allocate school time for it so if yours does that I'm sorry - mine required that it was done over the summer holidays and was completed by September.

Anyway, to do a politics degree I'd say politics and economics would be definite keeps, and both chemistry and biology are irrelevant so I'd take whichever one you enjoy most and would get the highest grade in.
I'd like to put it out there that Politics is probably the least well respected of the four, though Economics doesn't make it onto the Russell Group's list of facilitating subjects either (but does name it onto Cambridge's list). They recommend at least two facilitating subjects so I'd keep your sciences.

Quick Reply

Latest