The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bloom77
Hey guys
I know it may be a bit too early but it's great to help each other out! ☺️
This thread is for people sitting the
AQA BIOLOGY UNIT 1 exam on the 25th of May 2015
There hasn't been a thread made for the unit 2 biology exam so I'll let you know what's up

How you finding AQA biology
I've heard some schools have finished the whole course

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heya, I'm going to put this in the Biology forum for you as you should get more responses there. :h:

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=129
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Heya, I'm going to put this in the Biology forum for you as you should get more responses there. :h:

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=129

Thank you, that's really helpful! :biggrin:
Original post by Bloom77
Thank you, that's really helpful! :biggrin:

I've also added it to the exam discussion thread list thread :woo:
Original post by Bloom77
Hey guys
I know it may be a bit too early but it's great to help each other out! ☺️
This thread is for people sitting the
AQA BIOLOGY UNIT 1 exam on the 25th of May 2015
There hasn't been a thread made for the unit 2 biology exam so I'll let you know what's up

How you finding AQA biology
I've heard some schools have finished the whole course

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its the 21st may not the 25th

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by frances98
Its the 21st may not the 25th

Posted from TSR Mobile

sorry
thread says 21st :biggrin:
Original post by Bloom77
sorry
thread says 21st :biggrin:

Yeah I saw but as I was reading the text it says the wrong date (FYI that wrong date is my birthday! 🎉)

How are you finding biology?
Is there a unit 2 thread yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
some schools have finished !??!!!? how is that even possible omg
Original post by faggstagram
some schools have finished !??!!!? how is that even possible omg

Thats what I thought! Haven't a clue

Posted from TSR Mobile
I take biology, French, maths, history and English language. Biology is by far my most boring subject, tho probably because I have two of the worst teachers :frown: I don't find unit 1 too bad, except from memorising all the heart and lung diseases. How far is everyone through unit 2? And when's your ISA/EMPA? :smile:
Original post by LoveToArgue
I take biology, French, maths, history and English language. Biology is by far my most boring subject, tho probably because I have two of the worst teachers :frown: I don't find unit 1 too bad, except from memorising all the heart and lung diseases. How far is everyone through unit 2? And when's your ISA/EMPA? :smile:

My EMPA is sometime in march I believe or maybe the start if april. Hows your revision going??

Posted from TSR Mobile
My EMPA is sometime in march I believe or maybe the start if april. Hows your revision going??

Posted from TSR Mobile

One of my biology teachers told us that our EMPA was next week, so I revised a lot for it over half term, and it turns out she was mistaken and it's not actually until April! 😫 I have complete revision notes for unit 1, and a few chapters of unit 2 that we've done, but I'm having to teach myself oxygen dissociation and haemoglobin etc because my teacher is useless :frown: how's your revision? :smile:
i miss b1! my biology teachers are making a right mess of b2. one of them has been rushing through the syllabus and only spent 10 minutes on chloroplasts, and the other actually taught us content for 40 minutes, but then spent the remaining 20 mins of the lesson speaking to us about how tight the deadlines are and that we need to manage our stress levels! Seems ironic to me
i miss b1! my biology teachers are making a right mess of b2. one of them has been rushing through the syllabus and only spent 10 minutes on chloroplasts, and the other actually taught us content for 40 minutes, but then spent the remaining 20 mins of the lesson speaking to us about how tight the deadlines are and that we need to manage our stress levels! Seems ironic to me

Isn't B1 gcse???
Isn't B1 gcse???

by B1 I mean AQA AS Biology Unit 1, but I'm too lazy to type the full name- the struggle is real
by B1 I mean AQA AS Biology Unit 1, but I'm too lazy to type the full name- the struggle is real

Okay sorry fair enough! I had thought that but thought i would confirm it.
I'm to lazy to add capitals where it doesn't do it for me!! Thank god for spell check
Yeah, I love biology but I'm really bad at it. so I got a private tutor to help me out. We're starting our EMPA in April.
Is part 3 of the EMPA an actual exam, like in the hall?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Yeah, I love biology but I'm really bad at it. so I got a private tutor to help me out. We're starting our EMPA in April.
Is part 3 of the EMPA an actual exam, like in the hall?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is as far as I know

Posted from TSR Mobile
My EMPA is the week before my French speaking exam. I couldn't have coped if they were in the same week
My EMPA is the week before my French speaking exam. I couldn't have coped if they were in the same week

Awww
Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest