The Student Room Group

Being gay in a small town

I recently accepted a place at Lancaster to start in September. I really like the course and the campus but I'm now concerned about my future romantic life. Lancaster feels like its in the middle of nowhere and I've no idea where I'm going to find other gay guys. Manchester and Liverpool aren't too far but long distance relationships never seem to work out for me.

I'm already 21 and will be 24 before I graduate because I left my original course for health reasons which I have only recently recovered from. I wanted to be settled by my late 20s but that seems increasingly unlikely because I feel like I'm never going to find someone here. Have I made a terrible mistake?
Reply 1
I'm pretty sure there will be other gay guys in Lancaster! Use tinder haha. Or just don't think about your relationship status so much, what's meant to happen will happen
Reply 2
Yeah, Lancaster definitely has a large and vibrant student and local LGBT community. Don't worry OP, it isn't that small a town :lol: And Preston, Manchester and Liverpool are just a train ride away when you want a bit of variety.
Reply 3
Daffyd, is that you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending