The Student Room Group

BTEC LEVEL 3 Health & social care..PLEASE HELP :)

Hey..Im currently at college doing my btec level 3 extended diploma in health and social care (2year course) and im halfway through 1st year.

Apparently the 1st year is equivilant to a 90 credit diploma and if you do both years a 180 credit diploma.

Im not interested in going to University after, as I want to just go straight into work. (already working as a support worker part time)

Would i need to do the full 2 years (180 credits) for potential employers to consider me for the likes of support work/key worker roles or are the amount of credits not really relevant to them?..i was thinking the full 2 year course would be more for those thinking about uni to increase UCAS points?

Would i be fine doing the 1st year alone with what it is i want to do, hope you's can help. Thanks stu
I'm not sure, however, I strongly recommend staying on as employers will see this as 'dedication' blah blah. And if you have your completed Level 3 Diploma, with relevant work experience, so your support worker job, you should have no problem.

Furthermore, you d have experience, but I strongly recommend staying on and doing it! And besides the second year is way more enlightening that the first, and more beneficial that the first year anyway.

Hope this helped,

Kirsty x
Reply 2
I am in my second year of this course (almost done!! Yay!!)
I considered leaving after my first year as I didn't feel like I needed to do the second, but I did and I certainly don't regret it!!

Yes it's a lot of work as you will know, but you may find that in the second yeR you do a unit you love and might even change your career choices! I started the course wanting to be a social worker, then I have now changed my mind a few times and ended up with something totally different.

Completing both years will show employers that you are dedicated and can stick to things. They will be less likely to employ you if they feel that you might leave after a year, or any shorter time than contracted.
It also gives you time to gain more experience at work whilst learning! ☺️

Soph x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending