The Student Room Group

maths/chemistry/maths and further

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Cadherin
C1 - peasy, should be aiming for full UMS
C2 - peasy, should be aiming for full UMS
S1 - slightly tedious, but not too difficult if you can be bothered to learn the content
S2 - slightly tedious, but not too difficult if you can be bothered to learn the content
M1 - dull and quite tricky! (If you're lucky, your school may let you choose just stats and perhaps FP3).

It does 'merge' somewhat, but FP1/FP2 will allow you to discover a whole new world of maths! (Matrices, complex/imaginary numbers, properties of polynomial roots, polar coordinates, more hyperbolic functions and properties of curves and inequalities), so should be very interesting for you if you enjoy the pure side of maths.

i think that core 1 and 2 wont be too bad, as in algebra 3 now i cover most of core 1 and 2 is just extended gcse level. my school attempted to teach us stats in year 10 and i found it awful, which is a concern
Original post by reallydontknow
I'd say M1 is about as easy as C2 personally.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, I suppose as someone who loves biology and chemistry, I would find mechanics boring and tedious - stats is much better!

Who gives a monkeys about the hypothetical final velocity of a particle after a projection of cos(pi/3) to the horizontal?

I'm much more interested in whether there's a correlation between blood donors and contraction of CJD to be honest!
Original post by Suraj.k
i done maths, chemistry, biology a year early and got an A*, but i assume a levels as vastly harder than these

well obviously they are, haha. if you come out with majority a*s and a few a's then you're the kind of person who would survive doing the subjects you've listed.
Reply 23
thanks for the advice- means a lot

Quick Reply

Latest