The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Are you serious? I did an hour on an erg the day before yesterday, and twenty minutes today (was supposed to be 40, but left it a bit late and had to be somewhere...). Anyway, I'm mostly running. Cross-training is the way forward to avoid major mental fatigue!
Reply 201
**noooni**
boo!
whens everyone going back?
Im going back 13th which seems to be a bit later than others :s-smilie:
thanks youu :biggrin:

Drunk again ;no;

I'm going back sometime around then, not sure exactly :p:
Jim Arnold
Damn right. Can you believe places close on Christmas & Boxing day? FOURTY EIGHTY HOURS without an erg!

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I guess I'll just do one on Christmas Eve then run on Boxing Day and sleep the rest of the time so I don't have to think about it oh my God I think I'm going to cry do gyms not understand boaties WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN US??!!

*breathes*
Reply 203
Hahahaha :rofl:

Bless the poor innocent little boaties! FFS go and eat some pies and sit around for a bit. Work out in a week or two. You won't die. Unless you're a lightweight in which case your body might explode.
Reply 204
boaties are special
Reply 205
So are you warren
Reply 206
Whiiiiiiiitbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 207
thund734
Whiiiiiiiitbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danby > sh*tby
Helenia
Hahahaha :rofl:

Bless the poor innocent little boaties! FFS go and eat some pies and sit around for a bit. Work out in a week or two. You won't die. Unless you're a lightweight in which case your body might explode.

I was joking a tad :smile:

But it is true that I am trying to raise my fitness significantly over the break. I was the secondest worst in my novice boat, and I'd really like to row semi-seriously.

Is that so bad, boatie-haters? Eh? EH?!
I'm starting to reconsider continuing with rowing. I mean I've already fallen behind with uni work and my martial arts testing. I don't know if it's possible. Rowing is fun, but I don't think I can keep it up on serious basis. Does anyone know the level of commitment expected from you if you're on the bottom boat?
Reply 210
Ditting Suck
I was joking a tad :smile:

But it is true that I am trying to raise my fitness significantly over the break. I was the secondest worst in my novice boat, and I'd really like to row semi-seriously.

Is that so bad, boatie-haters? Eh? EH?!

You realise I was a fairly serious boatie for the last two years, right? :p: But even so, I believe in giving yourself a few days off for Christmas - working on your fitness is all well and good but don't get too obsessive about it. And of course I'll join in all the Bumps banter when it comes :wink:
swntzu
I'm starting to reconsider continuing with rowing. I mean I've already fallen behind with uni work and my martial arts testing. I don't know if it's possible. Rowing is fun, but I don't think I can keep it up on serious basis. Does anyone know the level of commitment expected from you if you're on the bottom boat?
1: A couple of outings a week
2: Nobody quits rowing. Some take breaks, but nobody quits.
3: We creamed you in Fairbairns :biggrin:. Just saying.
Reply 212
Jim Arnold
3: We creamed you in Fairbairns :biggrin:. Just saying.

:cool:
Helenia
You realise I was a fairly serious boatie for the last two years, right?

Yep, I was responding to the thread in general. The 'Rampant Boatie Moderator' kind of gave it away :smile:
Reply 214
Ditting Suck
Yep, I was responding to the thread in general. The 'Rampant Boatie Moderator' kind of gave it away :smile:

Oh yeah. I really should change that soon...
Reply 215
Helenia
Oh yeah. I really should change that soon...

You've been saying that for the last 2 months... :flute:
My previous point still stands - nobody quits. If you're worried about the time, then go on one of the lower boats (given the size of Trinity, I'm guessing you have maybe 4 or more crews?). Binson is only going to have three divisions I think, the 3rds will be doing only a couple of outings a week.

I suppose it depends on your subject. I'm a lawyer and it is a bit of a stretch - I can't justify outings by saying I've done my work, or I'll have time to do my work, I just have to ignore my work. At the end of the day I've never done enough so an hour or so for an outing is not a significant retraction from whatever I manage to do.

And we would have creamed you in Fairbairns if you'd entered.
(I get the feeling the rest of my posts on TSR are going to reference the Fairbairns results - at least until bumps)
Wow, I'm so glad I didn't take up rowing! And only yesterday I was almost regretting having not joined as I realised I needed exercise. Probably wouldn't be a good idea as I told the boat club captain that I'm only going to resort to rowing when I have no other way to make friends...

Jim, you've been at Cambridge, what, a term? And you're already a hardcore boatie...
What? No you don't. Nothing trumps "I can't, I have rowing".
Jim Arnold
What? No you don't. Nothing trumps "I can't, I have rowing".

Seconded. It's like a drug, and only marginally less painful.

Latest

Trending

Trending