The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

A random question....has everyone been doing work this holiday, and if not how much do you have?
I cant believe i spent the whole of last week doing nothing...and i just cant concentrate/have no motivation to start an essay now! :redface:
I want to enjoy my holidaaaay, i wanna dance! :dancing:

wow...what a pointless post :rolleyes: Just wondered if people (Art students mostly:p: ) have been working.... :smile:
**noooni**
A random question....has everyone been doing work this holiday, and if not how much do you have?
I cant believe i spent the whole of last week doing nothing...and i just cant concentrate/have no motivation to start an essay now! :redface:
I want to enjoy my holidaaaay, i wanna dance! :dancing:

wow...what a pointless post :rolleyes: Just wondered if people (Art students mostly:p: ) have been working.... :smile:

I spent an extra week at King's helping out with the interview desk...so I basically took one week off and then the weekend I got back just now off. I have just started to read some books though, but it's not strenuous work as such...
Reply 142
you art students know where all the works at! in the science triposes
Reply 143
im pissed and its 9 in the morning.... !
dont i just know im home
Well, I'm a NatSci, and I've done nothing so far. But so has everyone else I've spoken to :smile: When reports start coming in of real work being done by my friends, I'll probably pick up a book :wink:
Ditting Suck
I've done nothing so far.

Ditto...
Reply 146
ive got pissed
I think it's a good idea to take about 2 weeks off having a good time and then get back to burning the midnight oil.
Reply 148
the natscis should go out more in my opinion...
Not that you're generalising at all....:smile:
Most of us (natscis) really should... We're overshadowed by medics and even double maitrise lawyers in that regard.
Reply 151
yeah shame on the natscis.. :p:
Jigglypuff
I spent an extra week at King's helping out with the interview desk...so I basically took one week off and then the weekend I got back just now off. I have just started to read some books though, but it's not strenuous work as such...

:dito: I'm about halfway through On Liberty, and I'm starting to get that nagging feeling that I'm going to spend the last week of the holiday hunched over a desk, desperately trying to finish everything....
Ozymandias
:dito: I'm about halfway through On Liberty, and I'm starting to get that nagging feeling that I'm going to spend the last week of the holiday hunched over a desk, desperately trying to finish everything....

I read On Liberty before my interview....i dont remember much of it though :rolleyes:

anyways im gonna try and do most of the work now or mid holiday so i can have a bit of fun the last couple of weeks of the holidays :biggrin: Its hard though, i only just realised that the only reason i did work was 'cause everyone else did so much work at cambridge! And it was like 3 of us SPSers in the library like 3 nights a week trying to cram a weeks worth of notes and essay....awh good days.:p:
Reply 154
Good lad, that's the way forward, do you first years have one of those tests this year at the start of Lent?
ha! No...
But maybe the scientists do?
Yep, we do :frown:
Seems to vary from subject to subject and college to college...we do.
Reply 158
i have a test yay
Reply 159
Unfortunately yes, because the current 3rd years did really bad in exam term in their 1st year. I'd advise you work a bit, but save it until after new year, I didn't do a lot and ended up getting a (low) 3rd in them oops! Got a 2:i in Tripos though as I'd learnt my lesson, so it was alright in the end.

Latest

Trending

Trending