The Student Room Group

Pretty sure I'm going to fail my second year of university ?

Hi guys,
I'm pretty certain I'm going to fail my second year of university, because of the fact today i had tor resub a non submission and theres no way that report will pass. has anyone else failed there second year of uni ? what did you do ? I'm feeling pretty worried now, so much stress and pressure going on with uni atm
My partner failed second year then resat 2nd in a different uni and doing a different course and is now on track to get a 1st. If you havent used it, you can always use your do over year
(edited 9 years ago)
When you say fail, do you mean get a low grade or completely fail the year? Because even if you get a 2.2 in second year you can still graduate with a 2.1. Talk to one of your tutors they should be able to advise you. Good luck :smile:
hi guys thanks for your replys! to clarify yes i mean fail, its highly embarrassing as i usually do ok academically. I guess I've lost my love for academia ( well maybe not love , errm i can't think of a word lol) I was planning on doing a masters degree and maybe even phd within the future but now i hate studying and I'm applying for a few work programmes/ higher apprenticeships in order to earn some money and find myself and get into a routine, i hate the student lifestyle right now, and yeah I'm just feel pretty down about things.... I'm going to try my best to scrape a pass for the second year, but I'm not sure if i can i have a few resits in june and july tho
Original post by studentLynch
hi guys thanks for your replys! to clarify yes i mean fail, its highly embarrassing as i usually do ok academically. I guess I've lost my love for academia ( well maybe not love , errm i can't think of a word lol) I was planning on doing a masters degree and maybe even phd within the future but now i hate studying and I'm applying for a few work programmes/ higher apprenticeships in order to earn some money and find myself and get into a routine, i hate the student lifestyle right now, and yeah I'm just feel pretty down about things.... I'm going to try my best to scrape a pass for the second year, but I'm not sure if i can i have a few resits in june and july tho

Well best of luck in your resits. All you can do is try your best and be positive. So long as you try your best you've got nothing to be embarrassed about. Remember that uni isn't for everyone - people excel at different things and succeed via different means. The fact that you are looking into work programs and apprenticeships shows that you are ambitious and willing to work hard so don't don't give yourself a hard time about this and don't feel embarrassed at all. If you pass 2nd year then great but if you don't it's not the end of the world and there are always other opportunities to make use your skills. Having a degree doesn't guarantee success, there are plenty of successful people without degrees.

Just do your best and see how things turn out with your result - you may even surprise yourself :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by somethingbeautiful
Well best of luck in your resits. All you can do is try your best and be positive. So long as you try your best you've got nothing to be embarrassed about. Remember that uni isn't for everyone - people excel at different things and succeed via different means. The fact that you are looking into work programs and apprenticeships shows that you are ambitious and willing to work hard so don't don't give yourself a hard time about this and don't feel embarrassed at all. If you pass 2nd year then great but if you don't it's not the end of the world and there are always other opportunities to make use your skills. Having a degree doesn't guarantee success, there are plenty of successful people without degrees.

Just do your best and see how things turn out with your result - you may even surprise yourself :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, thanks a lot for you're reply, very kind and positive words. I guess society will make me feel like a failure if i drop out of uni or fail and have to leave, I'm looking at entry levels, military roles, and I'm applying for 2 higher apprenticeship work programmes ... but I'm hoping to to launch a business at the same time or save up and develop a string plan. I'm just going to tell myself everything happens for a reason! thanks for your support tho :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending