The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Failing first year / getting kicked out of uni

Hi

I have a major issue with me progressing into second year at my university. I have just started my second year at the Uni of Sheffield, but have not been given a timetable for the new semester or the ability to register. I had failed 2 of my modules for sure, as I had missed an assignment in each one which was worth half the module. In addition, I had failed to submit the resits, resulting in me definitely failing both modules. To add to this, a third module, I failed to submit a smaller assignment which made up 30% of the module. However Im guessing I have passed that module as I got 59% overall, even though my exam grade sheet has it listed as 'not submitted' which isnt true.

Because of this - I'm assuming - I haven't been given a timetable for this year and therefore I must not have been assigned the second year modules I applied for the previous year. On top of this I am unable to register online for the second year, with the online link not working for me.

Im writing this on the Saturday before the semester starts. None of the Uni help desks or phone lines are open until Monday so all I can do at the moment is speculate. But Im not even sure if im still a student here, my loan is still waiting approval but I have received no warning or email about my removal. Im still on the department mailing list and my online account and blackboard account is still active. Im going in first thing monday morning, and have already the personal tutor I had last year, aswell as one of the heads of department.

I generally did decent grade wise last year, getting 50/60 % in everything I submitted. My attendance was good and I had a healthy relationship with a few seminar leaders and teachers. But at the moment have no clue whats going on, and am completely terrified of being kicked out.
If they weren’t letting you progress and needed you to retake modules then you should have heard about it by now. Very strange.

It’s stressful but you’ll have to wait to speak to them on Monday to clarify what’s going on and why you haven’t received any comms about it.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
If they weren’t letting you progress and needed you to retake modules then you should have heard about it by now. Very strange.

It’s stressful but you’ll have to wait to speak to them on Monday to clarify what’s going on and why you haven’t received any comms about it.

Yeah it seems as if Im in some sort of limbo. Not being able to register doesn't help either.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending