The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
go out and run...if u cant ...but a treadmill..., u can swim...or you can alternatively lift weights with a high intensity programme whcih burns calories and gives positive effects in the long run.
there's always the cross trainer (although girls usually prefer tho use it compared to boys) but i spose anyone can use it, exercise bike, treadmill,

others which take up a lot of room ....

but yeah as was said before, swimming is v.good ...
just get a good pair of trainers, and a swimming costume. If you want to buy home gym ****, get an olympic barbell set, it shouldnt be more than £100 or so, for 140kg
Reply 4
Any more suggestions?
We have a home treadmill - a chunky thing - the novelty soon wears off... i also much prefer running on grass - running on a treadmill doesn thave the same feel to it.
Reply 6
Get a 20kg dumbell and learn to snatch, its ridiculously hard work, just try and do as many as you can in 10 minutes. It'll burn a lot of calories and make you sweat a hell of a lot!
Reply 7
harry5069
Get a 20kg dumbell and learn to snatch, its ridiculously hard work, just try and do as many as you can in 10 minutes. It'll burn a lot of calories and make you sweat a hell of a lot!

Damn straight!

In my opinion, buying a treadmill is a waist of money considering you could simply subscribe to a gym.
The-Lennon
try and do the same with road running and you'll get a shock.

only for inclines and stuff, which can be preset on treadmills, ... but i see what ur saying....

The-Lennon

running on a treadmill is nothing like real running...... you can run for an hour on a treadmill no problem.......

thats not true, its like anything, if it gets too easy up the pace a little
danesh
Damn straight!

In my opinion, buying a treadmill is a waist of money considering you could simply subscribe to a gym.

and be charged the cost of a v. good treadmill in 6 months, lol :rolleyes:
Reply 10
HenvY

lol :biggrin: Thats exactly why i want to buy a treadmill. I would rather by some home gym equipment which can be used in the long-term than get a gym membership which costs more than the equipment for a few months.
Reply 11
Why buy a treadmill, when ya can get some good running trainers for 1/5th of the price, and street running in general has more benifits?
Reply 12
HenvY

I pay 153.33 £ / yr for gym and pool :smile: ??
danesh
I pay 153.33 £ / yr for gym and pool :smile: ??

the only gym with a pool anywhere near here is 75 a month.
Reply 14
HenvY

There is so much more to fitness than running.
Reply 15
Okay i suggest barbell, a bench and a few weights, and some dumbels to go with it, treadmil is honestly useless ...needs big space, lots of money...and u can rather run outside...as cardio goes, i swim, but best to alternate so your body doesnt get used to the same routine. Doing this has to be the best economically...i wldnt advise buying a treadmill...they break easy also lol..then what? :redface:
Reply 16
A cross trainer uses both arms and legs or the lateral thigh trimmer with the arm cord things uses both arms, legs and stomach muscles and doesnt take up much space.
Reply 17
I used to swim before but i stopped, I get cramps :redface:
if youre not rich and dont have much space then use weights. there isnt a really effective way of losing sweat and working out extremely hard at home without breaking the floorboard, but i may be wrong. id say go out running, gym, football, badminton and tennis... all good things doing for getting fit
Reply 19
We've got a little home gym... we've got dumbells, a treadmill, exercise bike, cross trainer and the lateral thigh trainer with the power cords...

I personally love the cross trainer and lateral thigh trainer the most, and the dumbells are great for toning up etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending