The Student Room Group

Weird codes on the exam

Hi everyone!

I was just wondering what these weird codes on the past papers mean.

For example for Biology standard past paper on the top right hand corner it says:

M05/4/BIOLO/SPM/ENG/TZ2/XX

So let's split that up:

M05 (MAY 2005)/4 (WHAT IS THIS 4 for?)/BIOLO (BIOLOGY)/SPM (SPECIMEN PAPER [what is that anyways??))/ENG (ENGLISH)/TZ2 (TIMEZONE 2 [which countries are TZ1 and which TZ2??]/XX (WHAT IS THIS XX FOR?)

On other past exams which are not SPM exams it look like this:

M05/4/BIOLO/SP3/ENG/TZ2/XX

and what I noticed is that older exams (1998,1999,2000,2001,2002..) show a number 410, like this:

M99/410/S(1)
N02/410/H(1)

and then in 2004 it changed to 412

M04/412/S(3)

Is there any pattern or is that just a meaningless random number?

And then let's say in the Geography HL paper M05 on every page (bottom left hand corner) it says 2205-5201. This kind of number is on every exam I think. And the same number is written just under the bar code located at the upper right hand corner of the title page... what is the significance of this number?

I am just curious about all these weird number and symbols and feel like I needa know what they mean :biggrin: So it's not really important to know what all this weird stuff means actually... and I know that

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I could help you, but I need English A1 HL past papers. I submitted my request several months ago and until it is fulfilled I refuse to assist you.
thats quite a warning level for 2 hours of work... you do seem rather twatish in your request i'm sure if you asked again something might be done/ asked mroe politely

specimen papers are the ones that are released when a revised cousre is new so people doing the first exam with the new syllabus no what its all about.
Reply 3
ayden161
I could help you, but I need English A1 HL past papers. I submitted my request several months ago and until it is fulfilled I refuse to assist you.

ARE YOU SERIOUS? :eek:

Do you think like that you'll achieve your goals?

Well.. good luck then :p:
Reply 4
ayden161

It seems you have a misconception about the past papers thread. It's not a service, it's a collaboration. People will help only if they are able to do so and as you can see, that is why not everyone's requests are fulfilled. If you made your requests a few months ago, it's probably a sure thing that you're not going to get your papers unless you post again.
Reply 5
Just btw: there ARE tons of English A1 past papers out there.. waitin for u to download em.. it just requires some searching :biggrin:

Have a closer look at the past papers (PP) thread
Thanks
ayden161

incredible. (I'm talking about your warning level and how long you've been allowed back in TSR). :rolleyes:

M05/4/BIOLO/SPM/ENG/TZ2/XX

No idea what the 4 means. Can't remember the timezone divider now, but one of the them is Africa, Europe, Asia and the other one is the Americas.

M05/4/BIOLO/SP3/ENG/TZ2/XX

SP3 - Standard Level Paper 3

Not sure what the 410 number and the bottom page number are.
Well...it's no wonder he's banned already. and again. I had wondered how long it would take him to get banned again. He surprised me. That was a lot quicker than I thought. :p:
Reply 8
34 warning points ... :ninja: Yeah, he had a little attitude problem on another IB forum.
Reply 9
Oh dear lord, they let him back :rolleyes:
He has an attitude problem. Period. I've read over his 'requests' on the Past Papers thread. Forget requests. More like demands.

danglenister
Oh dear lord, they let him back

I know. :s-smilie: :p:
Reply 11
Don't worry, he's now fully banned...

all in a day's work...

thankyou mods
:ditto: thank you
Reply 13
After 34 warning points ... finally :rolleyes:

Truth be told, I kinda liked him causing a little havoc around here :p:
o.Ob
After 34 warning points ... finally :rolleyes:

Truth be told, I kinda liked him causing a little havoc around here :p:

it gets annoying after a while though.

:rolleyes: the thing that struck me most about him, though, aside from the fact that almost all of his posts contained insults, he couldn't think of a way to insult people other than calling them 'stupid'. :wink:
Reply 15
How true :biggrin: What struck me was his attitude in the past papers thread. He was beyond what words can describe ... *shakes head in awe*

Yay 'newbie'-bashing :ninja:
haha. actually someone did fullfil his request in the past papers thread, subsequently told him to 'shut up' but he must have missed that post when he was banned. :rolleyes:
Reply 17
Do you want to get back on topic, or shall I split this and take it to chat so you can carry on the conversation?
:redface: sorry.
Ok, back to topic.

actually microsucht does have a good question. what does the XX at the end of the codes mean? I've wondered that for a while.
Juno
Do you want to get back on topic, or shall I split this and take it to chat so you can carry on the conversation?

ok this has to be quoted in EVERY single thread EVER in this sub forum, a priceless line that pretty much sums up the subforum :biggrin: erm yeah to the topic in hand...and oooh charizard :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending