The Student Room Group

Egypt history EE help!

I look at my topic and at times it seems to click together in my head and at other times I feel like I am going to fail this EE.

Here is what I am looking at:

Research Question: The role that Egyptian Art, primarily artifacts, paintings and sculptures play in the telling of Egypt’s history.

Somewhat thesis/my view: Egyptian art is more than a mere decoration, it tells the story of Egypt long lost empire.

----I am supposed to have a thesis and research question, or just one of the two?

Points to look at under those three (paintings,artifacts,paintings) categories:
- Lifestyle
- Religion
- Royalty (pharaohs etc. and their portrayal)

What I am worried about is whether I am in the boundaries for a history EE and whether my topic is narrow enough. For being more specific I could possibly specify a time period but I don't really see what that will change. Any help, comments and suggestions are much appreciated.
i think perhaps thinking of a question and then using the pots and stuff as one of your sources is probably better, how are you going to quantify the results. i think it is too broad the egyptian empire spanned centuries maybe the rule of one king or one even in egyptian history, if this is a history EE i do not know whether this is totally suitable i think it might fit more in an art one. i think if your going for a history one you will have to write a history essay where you use these pots and stuff as one of your sources, which might not be totally what you want to do but i think its realistic given the mark scheme for hisotry EE
Reply 2
Sorry I don't fully understand what you mean. First of all by "pots" do you mean by points of (Lifestyle, Religion, Royalty (pharaohs etc. and their portrayal))?

And what do you mean by use them as sources for a question?

If you could just rephrase that or explain it, thanks.
all history EEs have to have at least 2 major sources which you would analyse their historical origin, purpose, value and limitations of. (a bit like the historical investigation, where you evaluate 2 sources). I think by 'pots' andy meant if you have a physical artifact that you could stick a picture of in your essay and use that as a source.
Reply 4
Read the title of this thread and immediately thought:

my mind
Dear God, please not another absurdly broard extended essay which someone can't word in a way that makes it less broard.

Alas I am pleasantly suprised :biggrin:
for example to what extent was anthony to blame for cleopatra's right booby being bigger than the left.

you could then use (by pots i meant painintings or anything bit of art you might care to look at) various sources such as paintings to show anthony pulling on her right booby and thus making it bigger than the left. you could also look at historical documkentation. there are lots of rumours that fly around about History EE and what exactly it is you need. there is no source minimum and there is no specific requirement for primary sources. obviously if you were to use them it would look good but it doesn't get you or lose you marks if you don't.
lmao.

Latest

Trending

Trending