The Student Room Group

spots on my bum, dimples and much more

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by In_Bloom
As a person who has been given an abundance of reasons to feel insecure, I know your frustration. The only thing that really made me feel sane was talking to my friends and others in a similar situation. Is there anyone you can talk to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Finally one person. One person who gets it on this thread. Thank god. I can't really talk to my friends about it because they've all got flawless complexions and never get any spots. How would it come up in a conversation lol. "Oh, I've got spots and you guys don't?". Do your friends have acne?
Reply 21
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
In what parallel universe is saying "visit a GP" attacking you out of nowhere? :lolwut:

Please. I know the only reason you're haunting me is because of that one time I posted on that religion forum. Telling me to go to the gp. Making out as if I'm so dumb it didn't cross my mind. I feel sick.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by happysmile
:lolwut:

Do you have anything useful to post or are you just gonna spam my thread.
Reply 23
Hormones...

I sense hormones running around this thread.
Reply 24
Does anyone else not realise the obvious bullying that's going on on here
Reply 25
Original post by katbob
Hormones...

I sense hormones running around this thread.

Are you making a joke at my expense? Because it's not funny. At all
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by Keke000
Are you making a joke at my expense? Because it's not funny. At all

No.. The answer could be hormones...
Reply 27
Original post by katbob
No.. The answer could be hormones...

erm, ok? And that's meant to help me how? Because forgive me I had no idea acne was related to hormones. Please dear god give me patience
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 28
Drink at least 4 litres of water over a day, take a vitamin supplement so you know you're fully covered there. Don't touch your acne, keep bedding clean and changed regularly - in particular your pillow. Exfoliate at least a few times a week.
Reply 29
Original post by BaronK
Drink at least 4 litres of water over a day, take a vitamin supplement so you know you're fully covered there. Don't touch your acne, keep bedding clean and changed regularly - in particular your pillow. Exfoliate at least a few times a week.

4 litres a day seems a bit extreme in my opinion lol. I'm no water tank. But yeah, good advice thanks. I exfoliate every day. Do you think that is harsh on my skin? I just want to scrub all those spots away
Reply 30
4 litres is easily achievable. But it's up to you, definitely helped me not to be a spotacus.
Reply 31
Original post by BaronK
4 litres is easily achievable. But it's up to you, definitely helped me not to be a spotacus.

Ha ha. I'll try drinking 2 and a half or 3 litres. Don't want to go to the toilet every minute
Please don't feel self conscious. It's not a big deal. There's much worse things you can be called than 'spotty'....
"racist, homophobic, rude, shallow, vein' etc....

A lot of it is just hormones. I used to have terrible acne and now it's all cleared up. It's very common and its nothing to be ashamed of.

My ex had really bad acne and it used to get him down, but it seems way worse to you than it looks to anyone else. You really stop seeing it when you spend a lot of time with people.

It could easily be dietry. Being horribly underweight is probably a large factor..but sometimes it's just genetic! You may grow out of it.

Chocolate is a huge cause of acne, fizzy pop, high in saturated fat, not enough fruit and veg...etc.

Make sure you're eating a healthy balanced diet, drink lots of water and that's all you can really do....

If I were you I'd probably look online at some anti-acne food.
Other than to keep your skin clean, and don't use anything that will irritate it.

I used to use murad when I had acne and it cleared it right up.

Also, don't stress! Stress also causes break outs!
Reply 33
Original post by Keke000
I've got loads of pimples on my bum. It's horrible. Almost every inch of my body is covered with spots apart from my two arms, and hands and two feet . I'm horribly underweight and have chicken legs with chicken spots. Acne on face. Bacne. Marks left from chicken pox on my stomach from years ago. Spots with white puss on my neck. I'm literally a walking spotacus.

Please, no abuse. This is a serious issue for me. :mad:

Have you tried consulting a doctor?
Original post by Keke000
4 litres a day seems a bit extreme in my opinion lol. I'm no water tank. But yeah, good advice thanks. I exfoliate every day. Do you think that is harsh on my skin? I just want to scrub all those spots away

NO! You should not, under any circumstances exfoliate everyday.
Exfoliation should be once a week, or maybe longer. Its only to get rid of dead skin cells.
Scrubbing too often is very bad for your skin, it makes it very tender and prone to more spots!!

Make sure you do not even wash your face too often! What happens when you wash your face too often is that happens is you strip the natural oils from your skin, so then your skin secretes more and more oil to counter balance you stripping it dry. This is a huge factor of oily skin and spots.
Reply 35
Original post by LittleFaith
Hey there! Other than healthy eating, good exercise and maintaining a healthy washing routine (all of which I'm sure you're already doing) I'd recommend either Zineryt solution or Differin cream. I had really bad spots for ages and lots of stuff did **** all for me as well, but then I tried Zineryt and it really did help. After a while this sort of wore
off and things started getting worse again, but several months ago I started using differin cream. It was fantastic and has really, really helped me. Plus it doesn't smell and isn't sticky or oily like lots of skincare products. So yeah, definitely give that a try :smile: It worked for me and I thought I was doomed to a life of acne (seriously, you name a body part, I've got an acne scar there). So yeah :biggrin: Hope that helps!

Hey :smile: I don't actually have huge cysts. More like annoying little bumps all over my face and whiteheads full of puss. It's much harder to get rid of these and they're way more stubborn. Anyway, I thanks for the help :smile: I'll go to the gp and ask for some differin if it helps. Heard a lot of good reviews about it.
Thanks again
Original post by wednesday_adams
NO! You should not, under any circumstances exfoliate everyday.
Exfoliation should be once a week, or maybe longer. Its only to get rid of dead skin cells.
Scrubbing too often is very bad for your skin, it makes it very tender and prone to more spots!!

Make sure you do not even wash your face too often! What happens when you wash your face too often is that happens is you strip the natural oils from your skin, so then your skin secretes more and more oil to counter balance you stripping it dry. This is a huge factor of oily skin and spots.

But the sister here has to wash her face regularly every day

She has to pray 5 times a day and that requires washing the face like 15 times if you do wudhu for every prayer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Original post by wednesday_adams
Please don't feel self conscious. It's not a big deal. There's much worse things you can be called than 'spotty'....
"racist, homophobic, rude, shallow, vein' etc....

A lot of it is just hormones. I used to have terrible acne and now it's all cleared up. It's very common and its nothing to be ashamed of.

My ex had really bad acne and it used to get him down, but it seems way worse to you than it looks to anyone else. You really stop seeing it when you spend a lot of time with people.

It could easily be dietry. Being horribly underweight is probably a large factor..but sometimes it's just genetic! You may grow out of it.

Chocolate is a huge cause of acne, fizzy pop, high in saturated fat, not enough fruit and veg...etc.

Make sure you're eating a healthy balanced diet, drink lots of water and that's all you can really do....

If I were you I'd probably look online at some anti-acne food.
Other than to keep your skin clean, and don't use anything that will irritate it.

I used to use murad when I had acne and it cleared it right up.

Also, don't stress! Stress also causes break outs!

Thank you for the helpful comment.:smile: I'll try my hardest to do everything you've said. Also, another problem I have is hyperpigmentation which covers more than half of my face. I want to use the murad dark spot corrector but it's got hydroquinone and I'm very scared to use this chemical. I don't want to ruin my already bad skin and apparent it causes cancer. What do you think about this?
Reply 38
Original post by kkboyk
Have you tried consulting a doctor?

Nawh. I've actually never thought of that before. Duh. Another useless contribution
Reply 39
Original post by Keke000
Nawh. I've actually never thought of that before. Duh. Another useless contribution

There's no need to be so horrible, and how the hell I'm supposed to know that you did.

Quick Reply

Latest