The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Teaching in Bath University

Hi, one of my choices of university for Pharmacy is at Bath so I was wondering if there are any students currently at Bath doing Pharmacy and may I ask about the performance of the teachers there? Also generally how do you find life there as I personally have never been there before
Reply 1
Its a smaller Uni so much more cosy and 'village feeling' than most. And the city is smaller too - beautiful, arty/history, and a good place to live. The Uni focusses on STEM subjects and Pharmacy / Pharmacology is 'big'.

University of Bath campus tour - YouTube
10 most amazing things to do in BATH - YouTube
I
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi, one of my choices of university for Pharmacy is at Bath so I was wondering if there are any students currently at Bath doing Pharmacy and may I ask about the performance of the teachers there? Also generally how do you find life there as I personally have never been there before

Overall, it's pretty great! Some lecturers have different styles, as in some use whiteboards almost exclusively so you can take notes with them and some use powerpoints from which you make notes.
Sometimes slides feel out of order or like they've been taken straight from the textbook. That's not so great.
The workshops and tutorials are when you really learn to apply stuff though. Any questions they have they'll usually be able to answer at the level you need it.
The timetable can be very full! And there is no reading week for us. You have to keep up with your work because it's easy to fall behind. But bummed out that some of my flatmates can go out more than I but you have more than enough time to be a student :smile:
Generally is lovely, full of chatty people 😁
Original post by Anonymous #2
Overall, it's pretty great! Some lecturers have different styles, as in some use whiteboards almost exclusively so you can take notes with them and some use powerpoints from which you make notes.
Sometimes slides feel out of order or like they've been taken straight from the textbook. That's not so great.
The workshops and tutorials are when you really learn to apply stuff though. Any questions they have they'll usually be able to answer at the level you need it.
The timetable can be very full! And there is no reading week for us. You have to keep up with your work because it's easy to fall behind. But bummed out that some of my flatmates can go out more than I but you have more than enough time to be a student :smile:
Generally is lovely, full of chatty people 😁
hi what is the usual timetable like? and on average would u say the uni is really expensive? are there any events/opportunities for students? I would love to go to bath but the expense and potentially overall experience is putting me off a little bit x

Quick Reply

Latest