The Student Room Group

Getting a low 2:2 in second year, what do i need to get a 2:1 overall :( :(

I'm really upset and panicking. Can anyone help me work out what I need to get to achieve a 2:1 overall?
My university is 25% second year and 75% third year for overall degree mark.
I am achieving if I am very lucky a 2:2 ranging around 55% in my second year.
What do I need to get overall in my third year in order to achieve a 2:1 degree?
Very panicked. Any help would be appreciated!!!
Original post by charlottehogan
I'm really upset and panicking. Can anyone help me work out what I need to get to achieve a 2:1 overall?
My university is 25% second year and 75% third year for overall degree mark.
I am achieving if I am very lucky a 2:2 ranging around 55% in my second year.
What do I need to get overall in my third year in order to achieve a 2:1 degree?
Very panicked. Any help would be appreciated!!!

(0.6 - (0.25 * 0.55)) / 0.75 = 61.666666%
Original post by Forum User
(0.6 - (0.25 * 0.55)) / 0.75 = 61.666666%

Thank you! That's easily attained if I work solid, right? Uusually I would know that it is but now my entire self confidence seems to have gone. Coursework is my biggest let down!
Original post by charlottehogan
Thank you! That's easily attained if I work solid, right? Uusually I would know that it is but now my entire self confidence seems to have gone. Coursework is my biggest let down!

Would have thought so. You might even do better than 55% this year. I would have thought most people find coursework easier to score well on than exams, but I suppose everyone is different.
Reply 4
Focus!
U need study 24/7 and disconnect yourself from the world. Otherwise u will sit at home with your law degree untill u go back to uni to get A Bsc computer science degree

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Forum User
Would have thought so. You might even do better than 55% this year. I would have thought most people find coursework easier to score well on than exams, but I suppose everyone is different.

I am a rare exception! However I do know I did not put my full efforts into the coursework so I will put more effort into them as it is now apparent to me that they are my weakest area. Thank you for your help
Original post by AsandaLFC
U need study 24/7 and disconnect yourself from the world. Otherwise u will sit at home with your law degree untill u go back to uni to get A Bsc computer science degree

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will, 100% It's going to consume my entire being. Just needed a little glimmer of hope. I know I can achieve it if I remove myself from the external factors that I had surrounding me this year. No way will I be doing that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending